Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upset stomach for weeks

Re: Upset stomach for weeks

So I went to my doctor yesterday and I’ve been asked to provide a stool sample testing for H.pylori.

Still getting intermittent gas, and yellowy brown stools which come out in pieces (sorry if tmi) especially if I have eaten a high fat meal the day before. Also struggling to put on weight.

I realise it is likely that it is not something serious but if it was to be IBS, why am I not putting weight on?

you sound like me, the anxiety/same tests..but also the remaining issues.... one month ago my stress around my issues got SO extreme that I woke one morning cos I had a huge intense reunion to go to and literally the urge to "go" was HORRIBLE. I knew immediately that my issue was 70percent stress related cos the second I came home I was eating and I havent had a feeling like that since - when I calmed down and solidified my diet, I got lots better - this month is my "recovery" month, at least for now anyway...I just came on my period so expecting hellish things tomorrow hah (always stirs my issues) but today I ate KFC, milkshakes, chocolate and Ive been perfect all day - sure, tomorrow I may suffer but all week ive managed to eat anything and everything like the old days. Try sticking to dry foods, even it means for a month - all this month Ive gone a bit OTT on pastries and white bread but have definitely managed stuff I couldnt in may and june like tomato pasta and some veg.

Hi Jalapeno1234, I’ve read some of your posts and yeah it seems like we both have developed bad anxiety relating to our bowels.

I don’t even understand what’s going on with my bowels anymore. Past few days I’ve still been going once a day but stools are hard to pass, dry and lumpy.

So this past week my symptoms have flipped. Still been emptying bowels every day but stools have been hard, dry, difficult to pass and sometimes like rabbit droppings.
    I seriously don’t understand. My diet hasn’t changed. Sound like IBS?

Yep, increase liquids, fibre and possibly take a stool softener like lactulose - a couple days of that will give me easily a week relief from the hard stools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information