Hi! My daughter has a phobia of blood. She is 8 and has had reactions to the sight of blood since she was 3. When she sees blood (her own or another person's) she will go sheet white, get stomach pains, feel sick or be violently sick, feel like she's floating or everything goes black. This reaction is equally as intense and sudden whether it is a papercut or something serious and she doesn't seem able to control it at all. I have tried to talk to my GP (who said maybe I should "try not making a big deal of it") most unhelpful, and we don't seem to have any services for children with phobias in our area? The school are very supportive and we all deal with episodes in the same way, taking her to the toilet to be sick, then sitting her down with a drink of water and a sugary snack to raise blood pressure. I don't know whether we should be avoiding situations where she sees blood, or whether exposure would help with the reaction - I have no idea what to do for the best. I wondered if anyone had experience of blood phobia and had any advice please please please!