Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer !!!!!!! So scared to die.

Unhappy Pancreatic Cancer !!!!!!! So scared to die.

I am in such a state right now. I can't do anything but focus on my horrible symptoms! I know for sure I have cancer this time. I have ALL the symptoms of it. I'm 53 and going through perimenopause . My anxiety is through the roof. I've had health anxiety all my life . But this time I fear I am right with my diagnoses. I'm the right age I have all of the symptoms.
    I'm absolutely terrified. I'm too terrified to go to the hospital to get diagnosed. If I already having pain symptoms I'm already dead. There is NO CURE for Pancreatic Cancer!!!
    So I don't know what I should do. Should I just wait it out and die from it naturally in a few months or go get diagnosed. Either way I'm dead. The fear itself is going to KILL me one way or another. With or without a diagnoses. If I didn't have children that still needed me I think I would just give up and just die. My brain is so messed up. The panic attacks that I have all through the night about this is killing me too. I'M SO BLOODY SCARED!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!!!

Re: Pancreatic Cancer !!!!!!! So scared to die.

Hi - alwaysscared. You haven’t given us much to go on, but statistically you are very unlikely to have pancreatic cancer. There are plenty of benign reasons for abdominal pain, but some of those do need treating (gallstones for example). Why don’t you go to the doctor and take it from there? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Hi - alwaysscared. You haven’t given us much to go on, but statistically you are very unlikely to have pancreatic cancer. There are plenty of benign reasons for abdominal pain, but some of those do need treating (gallstones for example). Why don’t you go to the doctor and take it from there? Xx

My symptoms are : I don't really have abdominal pain just left sided mid back pain just below my shoulder that radiates to my side. Sometimes I have mild discomfort in my sternum and vague upper abdominal fullness around my liver. I have very gassy diarrhea, burping all the time. I have no right sided pain so it can't be gallstones

Honestly, that could be anything up to and including indigestion. I know health anxiety is evil, but jumping straight to the worst case scenario is irrational.

Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    My symptoms are : I don't really have abdominal pain just left sided mid back pain just below my shoulder that radiates to my side. Sometimes I have mild discomfort in my sternum and vague upper abdominal fullness around my liver. I have very gassy diarrhea, burping all the time. I have no right sided pain so it can't be gallstones
    Oh well, looks like I must have it too then.

Your symptoms are both vague AND common.

Go out for a walk and stop diagnosing yourself with the internet.

To be honest - I too share all the symptoms you have listed. I also worried about pancreatic cancer and eventually paid for a private mri (no pancreatic cancer). Could be IBS, could be SIBO, could be indigestion. How long have you been feeling this way?

Pain in pancreatic cancer is not located just right under the shoulder. I have been reading like crazy about this disease and it symptoms. Do they come and go? Have they lasted for a long time? Do you have jaundice? Is your stools floating white? Is your urine dark as coffee?
    What you describe sounds like unpleasant stomach discomfort that many of us experience; but most people who suffer these discomforts does not have pancreatic cancer. Still, the fear of the absolute worst case scenario should not scare you from seeking out a doctor. It is probably not PC but it may be something that is very treatable but then you should go have it checked out.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 08-05-19 at 15:51.

All the symptoms of pancreatic cancer are also the symptoms of about a hundred different benign maladies. Also, cancer doesn't come and go. You get sick, then you get sicker and sicker and sicker. You use the word "sometimes" far too often for someone who has cancer.

You also just described the main symptoms of GERD, IBS, and the big one, Anxiety.

Yes my pain comes and goes paranoid-viking

my pain comes and goes
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

​Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information