Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer !!!!!!! So scared to die.

Re: Pancreatic Cancer !!!!!!! So scared to die.

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    Yes my pain comes and goes paranoid-viking
    Do you think because you are Canadian, and the fact that Alex Trebec has it might have made you go to this place? I ask because maybe you heard about it and now have jumped to worst case scenario due to hearing the news about Alex Trebec?

Yes my pain comes and goes paranoid-viking
    Then...not cancer. But go to the doc and check it out. Then you may get help for the unpleasant pain you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    All the symptoms of pancreatic cancer are also the symptoms of about a hundred different benign maladies. Also, cancer doesn't come and go. You get sick, then you get sicker and sicker and sicker. You use the word "sometimes" far too often for someone who has cancer.

You also just described the main symptoms of GERD, IBS, and the big one, Anxiety.
    I had GERD for....maybe about 20 years. I recognise lots of these symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Lister View Post
    Do you think because you are Canadian, and the fact that Alex Trebec has it might have made you go to this place? I ask because maybe you heard about it and now have jumped to worst case scenario due to hearing the news about Alex Trebec?
    It doesn't help with my symptoms when I hear about it all the time on the news

I'm having issues like you and have had them for over a year, and I am not worried about PC, and like others have said, your symptoms are indicative of something other than PC. There is a ton of non life threatening reasons for your symptoms, so play the odds on this one and try to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    I had GERD for....maybe about 20 years. I recognise lots of these symptoms.
    That's what I thought I had for the longest time. I've had mid back pain for years on and off but now it's mostly on my left side of my back and now that's a PC symptom :( I also have lump in my throat feeling all the time. Post nasal drip and I'm always clearing my throat. I am now a total basket case Gassy bloaty diarrhea is not a gerds symptom so now i'm back to PC

That's what I thought I had for the longest time. I've had mid back pain for years on and off but now it's mostly on my left side of my back and now that's a PC symptom :( I also have lump in my throat feeling all the time. Post nasal drip and I'm always clearing my throat. I am now a total basket case Gassy bloaty diarrhea is not a gerds symptom so now i'm back to PC
    There's no doubt your spiraling. That said, based on what you've shared and the tens of thousands of similar threads here, this sounds like classic GERD, globus and IBS exasperated by anxiety with a good dose of Dr. Google and catastrophizing. Diet and meds can help with the symptoms but are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lump in throat is not a PC symptom at all, but it is a very very classical anxiety symptom. Clearing the throat has nothing to do woth the pancreas either; I mean how could it?

I didn’t see if you’ve seen a doctor about your symptoms?
    Do you ever take antacids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having an other panic attack about PC . I'm really scared . I just can't shake it off. I am so terrified to go to the doctors. I probably wont go and suffer in silence. I just can't go cause this time I'm so sure I'm really sick and I just can't deal with a correct diagnoses.
    I know I'm being a big pain in the ass and I"m so sorry . I just need to tell someone what's going on in my head.
    This mid back pain on the left side is so scary. I feel so alone and scared.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information