Hi Folks

GAD sufferer, previously on 20mg Citalopram for 7 years and was brilliant. Came off two year ago and suffered a major GAD episode recently which has had me seek treatment yet again. This time around I’m on Escitalopram and as bad as loading on Citalopram was for me previously, this has been an absolute nightmare. I’ve tried morning dosing and evening dosing, either way I feel completely spaced out during the day and I’m unable to sleep at night without a sleeping tab which I have no desire to be on. It’s now day 39 and I’m feeling like garbage. My anxiety has lessened somewhat to the point where I can function and kind of think and concentrate but it doesn’t take long for the spaced out, depersonalisation to overrule my days. I’m faking it so badly at work, I actually struggle to comprehend that nobody can figure out just how crazy I feel. As mentioned previously, I was on Citalopram for 7 years, the initial side effects were hell but I can’t remember it being quite this bad and for quite so long. I do remember thinking on the 8 week mark that I was feeling much more “normal” again. I’m now at the point where I’m thinking of switching to Citalopram. I have my doc’s okay for what that’s worth (not much). I’m looking for any advice from those of you who may have previously found yourself in this situation.

Thanks for reading my story, take care all.