Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hugs for Trac67 needed

Re: Hugs for Trac67 needed

Thanks everyone xxx

Have spoken to the loan company but as I thought cause its my name on the loan then im liable for the payments

Trac xxx

People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hello my lovely..soz you are havin a bad time at the moment..here if you want a natter big hugs from the Padster Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trac,

Firstly if you don't feel you have faith in your solicitor sign him off and get another one that you gel with better, my sister had to do this!

Secondly, and hopefully, if you have a good solicitor they should be able to tell you this themselves how to deal with the repayments of a debt, if indeed you are liable.

If you don't find the solicitor helpful then I would approach the Citizens advice bureau and ask for a debt counsellor, or to be referred to one - I believe this can be done online these days which is better if you aren't up to getting there. If you do have to pay this debt then they maybe able to intervene on your behalf and work out a fair repayment given your circumstances etc.

As regards your ex if this is the line he wants to follow perhaps he also needs to realise this will work both ways and you will also be able to apply for any pension rights and such forth that he may have coming to him at some point. Alot men waive the right to the house when the wife agrees to not apply for any future benefits like this. A good solicitor will make sure that legalaties are followed - I'm sure since he makes no contribution to the mortgage this fact will be recognized and dealt with appropriately.

Love Piglet

I agree with Piglet hun.

But this might be a useful link to bookmark. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan
    Maybe the CAB is your next call.

Big hugs mate

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

oh trac what a mess hun i feel for you but i agree with piglet....im not sure how it works there but here with you having an illness and the kids i would think he would have to pay child support motgage spousel support...and i know here also i dont know if you get disablitly but if you do the courts cannot make you pay any debts for the reason your on a fixed income if thats the case, well im sorry that your ex has to be so ignorant towards you and your children shame on him....hang in there hun things will look up once you get a good lawyor (solicitor)....i will be thinking of you and praying for ya....your a strong lady i know you will get this sorted but i also know at this time its very overwhelming for ya...........tc trac ............linda xxxxx

Thanks for the link Ray

Thanks for your support Linda

Piglet I signed away rights to his naval pension and right for me to claim maintenance for myself and i also signed to say I wouldnt hit him for the mortgage payments, we havent finalised the divorce yet because he wont sign any of his end of deal, we only brought the house 6 months before he left and I borrowed the deposit it for it and have since paid it back and ive been paying the mortgage for the past 3 years so the idiot wants half a house he paid a mortgage on for 6 months

Love

Trac xxx

Quote Originally Posted by trac67 View Post
    Thanks for the link Ray

Thanks for your support Linda

Piglet I signed away rights to his naval pension and right for me to claim maintenance for myself and i also signed to say I wouldnt hit him for the mortgage payments, we havent finalised the divorce yet because he wont sign any of his end of deal, we only brought the house 6 months before he left and I borrowed the deposit it for it and have since paid it back and ive been paying the mortgage for the past 3 years so the idiot wants half a house he paid a mortgage on for 6 months

Love

Trac xxx
    If nothing has been signed and finalised is it too late now to undo those decisions that you made initially and present another settlement offer??? I'm not sure you had the best legal advice when the original settlement was drawn up at all!!

As regards the fact he has paid on a mortgage for 6 months only any decent solicitor will tear that to shreds.

The first thing you need though is a damn good solicitor!!!

Piglet

I will see what this new solicitor has to say when he does finally get back to me and if he doesnt seem to be interested then I think I will need to find one who will help me out

Thanks Piglet

Love

Trac xx

Yeah....I know it's pink....but it's worth the indignation to give a mate a hugggg!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information