Thread: Thrush

Thrush

Has anyone had thrush for months? It’s not going away and coming back, it’s constant really. I’m on fluconazole once a week for 6 months (started mid Feb) but not much improvement! This all kicked off after antibiotic use.

I guess I’m just looking for some reassurance that it will get better eventually, and just takes time! I have lots of clear discharge and internal itching and stinging. It’s horrible.

I’ve tried all the usual internal things and I’m on probiotic and eating lots of kefir!

I’m chronically stressed which I guess doesn’t help? :(

Thank you!

Re: Thrush

Hi I have a condition called vulvodynia and vaginismus and with in our community’s it’s can be fairly common for us to have persistent thrush I don’t suffer with it often thankfully but I wanted to let you know it can be fairly common. I also suffer with a lot of clear discharge stinging can be part of vulvodynia and I’m not saying you have that but more to say mine is not down to thrush have they tested your discharge and confirmed if it is thrush and if it is still there ?

Re: Thrush

This is really interesting as I have vaginismus! I haven’t heard of Vulvodynia - I will read up on that. Thank you!

They have swabbed me each month and each month it’s come back with thrush. They have done another today to see whether it’s a resistant strain and therefore I need different meds but to be honest, I’m not hopeful!

Thread Information