This may be slightly TMI, but for years now, not sure how long exactly I have been experiencing what I realized today to be mucus overproduction. Basically, while I would rarely see mucus on stool, I would fairly frequently have some mucus (usually yellow, sometimes clear) when wiping. But I never realized that it was... well mucus. After a while it felt so normal I can't honestly remember it not being there.

I do suffer from GERD, I was treated for ulcers last year, and I'm right now undergoing treatment for a minor ulcer I have developped after using ibuprofen like an idiot last December and did not heal properly. Plus I am allergic to pollens and there is a high chance I have psoriasis. My mother has IBS and my sis was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple of years back.

When it comes to pooping other than an occasional spot of red I would trace back to either anal fissure (I did have that checked by a doctor, and later I would feel a tear somewhere on my bum so...) or me having eaten something red in the past few days, an infrequent bout of diarrhea + my bowels tend to be overreactive while stressed, I never had many issues. Though Concept of " regular frequency" as far as I am concerned does not exist. Most months I go once-twice a day, but some months I go 3-4 times a day. I was discussing other intestinal issues (said ulcers) with a doctor today, she asked me if I was having problem with mucus and my answer was "sometimes", but I think it should have been often instead. Doctor noted that but said nothing else.

I am thinking of going back to her to discuss that next week, but I wonder whether I actually should if I don't have any "major" issues. Bowel and pancreatic cancers (welp... dying in general) are one of my major "bugbears" at the moment, so I feel that I should, but I don't want to be overreacting over nothing, because lately I hate myself for doing that. I am stumped. What should I do?