Thread: Do I have OCD?

Do I have OCD?

I suffer from intrusive thoughts, rituals and my concentration on one thing is VERY poor. I am diagnosed with Autism so maybe its that but I've never been diagnosed with OCD.

Even when I try and concentrate on one thing, my brain constantly throws thoughts at me that distract me too easily. Heck, even as I type right now, I still lose concentration and open another tab. Whats wrong with me?! I've also been on the internet a lot and have probably developed popcorn brain.

I've tried everything to get me less distracted but progress is so slow. Have I to spend my life as someone who can NEVER concentrate no matter how hard I try? Is it OCD? Thanks for reading.

Re: Do I have OCD?

The definition of OCD is:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), and behaviors that drive them to do something over and over (compulsions). Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts. But this only provides short-term relief. Not doing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety and distress.

No one is qualified to make that assessment. That's best done by a mental health professional.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information