Thread: mammogram call back

mammogram call back

I went for my first mammogram (I just turned 40). They called and said they found a few spots in each breast and would like to do an ultrasound on the two largest. One was 2.9cm and the other was 1.4cm. I have had health anxiety forever and this is really freaking me out. The doctor noted that they are likely cysts. I am so scared and the waiting is the worst. Has anyone had breast cysts or a call back from a mammogram?

Re: mammogram call back

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I didn’t want to read and run but I don’t have experience of this. I have experience of a receiving a shock after a scan though. I’ve heard that it’s very common to get called back after a breast exam though.

Someone will be along soon who has experience and can offer advice & reassurance.

Sending hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a call back for a mammogram last year and had to have biopsies taken which showed calcium deposits so nothing sinister.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes I’ve had call backs. Both times they did an ultrasound. Both times it was due to “areas of density”. I think call backs are quite common, especially after your first mammo because they have no other images with which to compare. When is your ultrasound? For mine a doctor told me right then the results so there was no additional anxious waiting.

Thread Information