Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unanswered threads.

Unanswered threads.

I wasn't sure where to put this miscellaneous post, so chose here as it didn't seem to fit anywhere else.

If you look up on the menu bar at the top of the page, there you will see the 'unanswered threads' button, where you can choose the time scale of those you wish to view (e.g. since your last visit, in the last 7 days etc) It makes me really sad to see huge numbers of people who have had nothing at all said to them. There are 28 pages currently with unanswered posts, usually first posts by new members; if you say that each of the 28 pages has 21 threads, then that makes it 588 threads with no replies since last August. These are people who have come and poured their hearts out, who have reached out at low moments, and have had stacks of views with not one single reply. It must make them feel even more alone. Venus mentioned this on another thread recently, how many people never had replies to their threads, so I thought I would create a post about it and just raise awareness. If each person using the forum replied to one 'unanswered thread' each day, then it would I'm sure make so much difference to those people. Even if you literally know nothing about the issue they are talking about, just a few words of comfort or 'sorry you are feeling this way', can make a difference.

Last edited by Carys; 08-05-19 at 22:08.

Re: Unanswered threads.

Thanks Carys

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What a excellent post Carys x I know when I first came here I used to feel lost and couldn't understand why no one wanted to reply to me and some people got loads of replys x. It made me feel very down, sometimes just offering a shoulder can be a great thing- I'm going to go and look at some post right now

couldn't understand why no one wanted to reply to me and some people got loads of replys
    Thanks Sarah,

You are a perfect example of what I was trying to draw attention to. A distressed and anxious mind can start to make you wonder all sorts of things when nobody replies and you are already feeling desperate, AND you see others getting page after page of assistance. You hung around, many I suspect don't and don't return feeling possibly worse than before.

This isn't aimed at you Sarah -

It would be even better if those who never reply to others, and stuck to their own threads moved off their thread and took a few minutes to reach out to someone else. Mind, I suspect they aren't reading this anyway....
    Last edited by Carys; 08-05-19 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thanks Sarah,

You are a perfect example of what I was trying to draw attention to. A distressed and anxious mind can start to make you wonder all sorts of things when nobody replies and you are already feeling desperate, AND you see others getting page after page of assistance. You hung around, many I suspect don't and don't return feeling possibly worse than before.

This isn't aimed at you Sarah -

It would be even better if those who never reply to others, and stuck to their own threads moved off their thread and took a few minutes to reach out to someone else. Mind, I suspect they aren't reading this anyway....
    I know I haven't always been the most aware of others on here. I was to pulled into my own worries and panics, I will admit that! It's about understand that we're all going through stuff- we're all in a boat but not necessarily the same boat (Strange point to make but I was trying to be a little more colorful!).

Thank you Carys

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I know I haven't always been the most aware of others on here. I was to pulled into my own worries and panics, I will admit that! It's about understand that we're all going through stuff- we're all in a boat but not necessarily the same boat (Strange point to make but I was trying to be a little more colorful!).
    NO no Sarah, it really WASN'T aimed at you AT ALL.....there is a certain type of poster who never ever offers anything to anyone, ever. Everyone understands that there is a point whereby people aren't in a position to give anything back, that they are stuck in their own world (or kayak lol) of problems. I just think that sometimes, for those people who never give anything back and just take, it would do them so good to help someone else and thinking outside their own kayak to the one being rowed (do you row kayaks?) next to them.

You started this boat analogy thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    NO no Sarah, it really WASN'T aimed at you AT ALL.....there is a certain type of poster who never ever offers anything to anyone, ever. Everyone understands that there is a point whereby people aren't in a position to give anything back, that they are stuck in their own world (or kayak lol) of problems. I just think that sometimes, for those people who never give anything back and just take, it would do them so good to help someone else and thinking outside their own kayak to the one being rowed (do you row kayaks?) next to them.

You started this boat analogy thing....
    Oh no! I didn't explain myself right! I wasn't trying to take that as a personal dig at me. I was explaining how I know sometimes one can be so pulled into their own worries/panic you don't always see other people feel the same as you!

Well...it's nice our metaphors have a nice nautical-ish theme!

Oh good, didn't want you to think I was being critical.

Anchors away, and may the tide and wind be in your favour ......

Excellent post Carys. I have noticed that you are first in line replying to unanswered posts.

It's something we ought to do. Today for instance there was a post about help with medication, I had no idea at all so I passed it by. Just to say I don't know much about meds but I'm not reading and running, may have made a difference.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information