Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feel detached - Nowhere to turn - Tonsil problems

Re: Feel detached - Nowhere to turn - Tonsil problems

I've got one really big left tonsil compared to the right after a few bouts of tonsillitis. I had an ENT check and said all normal, very common. Don't worry and don't check in your mouth. I used to spend hours with a torch in there looking in the mirror, my family thought I'd gone mad! Resist the urge and it'll go away. X

Thanks all, you have all been really helpful.

The constant burning is annoying, but my doctor is convinced there is nothing to worry about and it did completely disappear eventually last time .

Now to try and enjoy the weekend! Hope you all have a good one!

Hello! Just thought I would share... I have asymmetrical boobs, hands, feet and ears! I haven’t checked my tonsils properly, but I’d be willing to bet they follow the same pattern! 😂 I also get burning in my throat a lot - but with me it is diet related. I have acid reflux, which I take medication for - but chocolate, alcohol and caffeine all make my throat burn regardless. I do feel your pain and frustration though, as I am currently struggling with other throat worries.

Morning all,

so that weekend didn't go too well.

Me and my partner decided to go and stay in a hotel for a night and get away from all of the stress of staying with our families (we don't have our own place yet).

I spent the whole time worrying over my throat, which has been burning for most of the weekend.
    I thought I was coping without Googling, however I Googled again last night (my own fault), and found an article where this lady had a burning throat on and off for 3 years and it turns out she has cancer of the oesophagus.

I'm back to that feeling of being detached and alone again and I just can't see myself having any sort of future.

I can't stand the uncertainty and I just can't seem to get my head around it. I haven't found one person that has had a burning throat and turned out to be OK. In my own head, in my own bubble it's a sure thing and I'm not too sure how much longer I can cope in all honesty

I know it's tough, but you need to use your logic here - you're getting hung up on the word burning, which could mean different things to different people.

Sore throats are incredibly common, oesophageal cancer isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    I also get burning in my throat a lot - but with me it is diet related. I have acid reflux, which I take medication for - but chocolate, alcohol and caffeine all make my throat burn regardless.
    🤔 I’m still ok!

Morning,

Apologies I've come back to here to vent a little.

So I went back to my doctor last Thursday to look at a different issue (hurt my private parts, ouch!). Thankfully that didn't turn out to be anything major

While I was there, I mentioned my throat again, he had a look and couldn't see anything wrong (despite there being a white lump thing on the left tonsil, and I keep getting discomfort in both my ears)
    He then had a look at my blood test, which I took the week prior, and it came back normal with no signs of infection or Tumour markers.

He said my adenoids could be swollen and could be causing the ear discomfort, and then asked me what I wanted him to do.
    I asked for an ENT referral, as he previously mentioned this, so that has been done and could take months.

So that's the back story, but this weekend has been the WORST for my anxiety for as long as I can remember.
    I was determined I was going to have a really good weekend and it just didn't turn out that way.

Friday night started off terribly, I got home and realised I had a pain in my left shoulder, like joint pain and didn't feel too good. I panicked that I had rheumetic fever, called 111 straight away and had a nurse speak to me. Bless the nurse, she was very helpful and just wanted help for me. She advised me to call my doctors and tell them they need to speak to me within an hour. The doctor called me back, explained everything and that she doesn't think anything is wrong and that was it. I then suppressed my fears and went out for dinner with my family and had a really good time.

Saturday morning, for whatever reason, I weighed myself and have lost between 3-6 lbs in the space of a week without dieting.
    That massively set my cancer fears off.

Saturday evening I ate a pizza, thinking I'd try and see if I can actually put weight on but an hour after eating I ended up doubled over in pain (chest, far left side and below the ribs where my stomach would be).
    This was unlike any pain I've ever felt before and panicked myself over a heart attack or some sort of stomach cancer.

Sunday morning, started off good, went to a supercar show and had a really good time. On my way back, after doing laser clay pigeon shooting (I won ), I felt a pain in the right side of my neck, which doesn't seem muscular.
    It started off around 3 inches below my ear, and I ended up having pain under my ear last night, and this morning I've got pain around my Adams apple area (aswell as the usual ear pain).

I've had enough of fighting conflicting fears of both Rheumatic fever if I've got a chronic infection, and cancer.
    I'm feeling the lowest I've ever felt at the moment, I can't see any kind of future in general, my partner is getting fed up with me keep mentioning everything.
    I hate to admit it but I've cried a few times and just feel very run down.

Apologies for the long reply, I don't mean to keep posting on here but I'm struggling in myself and struggling to find support at the moment

Thank you all

Hey, OP.

Just checking up on you. Hopefully your problem has alleviated, or at the very least you've found some reassuring answers.

I've recently been having trouble with my tonsils - the left one to be precise. I've noticed a lump growing on the bottom half of it, as well as an enlarged lymph node along my jaw. I've an ENT appointment in a few weeks, which feels like an age away! Have you yourself seen or booked an appointment with the ENT yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information