Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsatile tinnitus and tinnitus

Pulsatile tinnitus and tinnitus

Hey everyone I'm new to the site but have been browsing through for the last few days. I have suffered from panic disorder, health anxiety and generalized anxiety since I was 11, I'm now 34. I have been through some really hard times with them but recently I have been really struggling, to the point where my whole life is about it.
    A few months ago I woke up in the middle of the night to a ringing in my ears, and then the sound got really loud (almost as if there was a roaring) I had never experienced anything like this before and just put it down to one of those things. However after going through a medical emergency with my dad, the next morning I woke up with ringing in both ears, the ringing came on and off through the day, when it comes to night it become really loud again like before, I then noticed that when I turned my hand to the right on the pillow I could hear a heartbeat in my right ear (only for about 3 beats) this freaked me out, it stopped as soon as I turned my head. I have also noticed that my ears, especially the right are blocked and making cracking noises, could this be related? This morning when I woke up I had the low ringing in my ears again, I noticed the more anxious I got the louder it became. I'm very nervous about tonight as I don't want to experience the same loud noises again.

One of my biggest problems and I never seem to learn is looking at Dr Google, after I did this all my symptoms have increased and got worse. There were so many things that the pulsing could be that I had a huge panic attack and have struggled since.

Any help would be appreciated

Although my name on here is Maddox, I am in fact a girl not that it matters in the slightest but thought I would just say!

Re: Pulsatile tinnitus and tinnitus

It could be something as simple as wax in your ears. Maybe go to the doc and get them to have a look . Of course anxiety can make everything seem worse too ��

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    It could be something as simple as wax in your ears. Maybe go to the doc and get them to have a look . Of course anxiety can make everything seem worse too ��
    Thank you for replying! I have an appointment on tuesday with the doctor to check it out (couldn't get in any quicker) I hope that is all it is

Let us know how you get on

Anxiety can and has caused me both pulsatile and normal tinnitus. Anxiety is sheer hell in the variety of symptoms it can throw at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Let us know how you get on
    I will do

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    Anxiety can and has caused me both pulsatile and normal tinnitus. Anxiety is sheer hell in the variety of symptoms it can throw at you.
    Oh really? That is very reassuring to hear thank you 😊 It’s amazing how many symptoms anxiety can cause :(

I have constant pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. It's more noticeable at night. It's also worse if I need to get my ear syrinced, so that's where I'd suggest you start too x

Quote Originally Posted by xfilme View Post
    I have constant pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. It's more noticeable at night. It's also worse if I need to get my ear syrinced, so that's where I'd suggest you start too x
    Ok thank you I will speak to the doctor about it when I go. My ears do feel very blocked so hopefully that will help X

Hey, sorry it's me again! I just had another thing happen, I was in the shower and as I got out my ear (right) totally blocked I could not clear it, then as I began to notice that I could hear my heartbeat racing in that ear. I became very distressed so therefore the heartbeat was fast, as my ear began to clear (this must have been about 20-30 mins) the heartbeat in my ear stopped. I'm so stressed about this and tuesday (when I see the doctor) seems so far away. I'm also so terrified of what they are going to say. I have a huge fear of hospitals so It would be so hard for me if she refers me. I now can't think of anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information