Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

I've re-booked the ECG for tomorrow as I have time off work now. The receptionist said it will be a nurse doing the test, but the doctor told me on Monday I'd be told the results on the day. So how does that work? Will a doctor look over it while I'm there? I should have asked over the phone but forgot as usual.

I'm a nervous wreck again right now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-05-19 at 15:11.

At our surgery the practice nurse does the ECGs and is able to interpret the results ie she can spot any abnormalities which would be referred to a cardiologist. You would certainly be told that the ECG was normal or if there were any anomalies etc at the time of the test.

Of course you need to beware of the fact that your HA will tell you not to trust the assessment of a "mere" nurse...

ECGs are pretty routine and are easily interpreted. It would be good to think that you will be turning out for your football team if you get a normal result but....we know you, Mr Lurcher! You're not going to do a Fabrice Muamba, you know?!

Big phew. The ECG was fine. Massive panic before having it and while having it, though my high heart rate and bp would skew the results. A doctor reviewed the results as well so I need to take extra reassurance from that. I'm still being referred due to the palpitations, but maybe I should ask not to be. It's stressful waiting and doing tests.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Big phew. The ECG was fine. Massive panic before having it and while having it, though my high heart rate and bp would skew the results. A doctor reviewed the results as well so I need to take extra reassurance from that. I'm still being referred due to the palpitations, but maybe I should ask not to be. It's stressful waiting and doing tests.
    Maybe you should be reassured by the ECG alone. Tests ARE incredibly stressful especially when you know that ectopics are very common with anxiety.

Good news though. Are you playing football tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe you should be reassured by the ECG alone. Tests ARE incredibly stressful especially when you know that ectopics are very common with anxiety.

Good news though. Are you playing football tomorrow?
    No.......the game has been called off - typically, after all my stressing about it. I did however complete 60mins of training on Thursday and lived to tell the tale, not heartburn or anything.

Apologies Pulisa, I was going to reply saying thanks for the information regarding the ECG, just got caught in a whirlwind of anxiety Thursday and Friday.

I must say, this week has been one of the only times when this forum has been a major trigger for me. While looking up ECG stuff on here before the test, I came across things like long qt syndrome and other heart conditions that could be picked up and got myself into a right state. However I know some things I've written could be a trigger for others as well.

You do have to be very selective with what you read on here. There is a lot of medical "information" freely discussed by Dr Google addicts!

Hope you're not a Watford fan?!! Great that you went for training!

Great, back in this rabbit hole tonight. During football training tonight I had some palpitatiions at the start - I was a bit nervous and stressed today because of family issues and a heated argument with my partner, plus havent slept much this week. So once I had that first palpitations at the start of training I just became tense and nervous throughout the entire session, amd my heart felt 'on edge', maybe the adrenaline of the training and emotional stress. Im upset cos I was fine last week.

Im worried again now about thinga like long qt syndrome because palpitations during excersise is a main symptom, and maybe doesnt show up on every ECG.

Reall worried that this is long QT sydrome now after my palps during football, nothing else explains it.

The BHF website says that sometimes it takes a few tests to confirm a diagnosis, so I camt rely on that ECG I had.

Mr. L, do you not see how you're falling into exactly the same holding pattern again?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Still no meds, therapy or self help, Mr Lurcher?

How sad that you're repeating the HA cycle with a new fear.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information