Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

It's not bizarre at all.

Well I've had my echocardiogram appt through, August the 5th. Something else to look forward to.

I was just wondering, again, this is an example of hypervigilance I suppose.....but are your eyes meant to be pure white under your eyelids? Because mine are slightly pink shaded, fading to white. Just been worrying a bit about liver issues still, especially with the pitted oedema.

Well it's my echocardiogram tomorrow. I've been feeling pretty good in terms of the health anxiety over the past month, moved onto to other things...like money!

I know this may sound odd, but I'm worried that I'm not anxious about it. In my experience, when I relax, bad things happen. If I am really anxious, then at least it won't come as a massive shock if something was wrong, because I'd be anxious already. I know in the CBT world this is called magical thinking, but I can't help it. I almost want to get anxious about, because I feel the anxiety is almost like a protective barrier.

Like, I've been feeling good the past 3 weeks or so, and then my daughter broke her leg last week and is in a full length cast. And I feel this is life punishing me for enjoying myself.

Anyway, I probably will start a panic tomorrow morning when the test actually happens.

You're never happy, Mr L

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter but it's a bit dramatic to say that life is punishing YOU-she's the one dealing with the broken leg and I'm sure you support her as best you can.

I hope the heart echo puts your mind at rest and that you can enjoy the new football season free from fears of imminent collapse!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    . And I feel this is life punishing me for enjoying myself.

I disagree. I think this is called punishing yourself, Mr L

Never Surrender, Comrade

Well the echocardiogram / scan came and went. At least it wasn't as painful as the Sigmoidoscopy - I know it's no real joke that I'm going through these procedures.

She said I should hear from my GP within 10 days, so quite nervous now. She did mention she can't see anything untoward, but sonographers aren't trained doctors, and would she have had said there and then if I had an issues?

What would be the routine now? Will I get a call from my surgery to go in and discuss the result regardless if there's a problem? I can just imagine getting a phone call asking me to come in, and that'll send me into a spiral. If all is normal would I be told over the phone?

Anyone out there who can answer the questions at the end of my post???

Oh sh*t sh*t sh*t.

It's been 3 and a half weeks since my heart scan and I rang up today to chase the results, because they said I'd get a call in two weeks. The lady on the results line just said because it's a cardiology test, a gp needs to ring me.....oh f*ck.

There's something wrong with my bloody heart isn't there, she would have said there and then if they were fine. Oh no no no no.

I was keeping going ok, I knew it was all too good to be true.

Is this routine protocol or am I in trouble?

Breathe. It'll be routine.

I very much doubt it. This happened with my liver function test when an enzyme was high, they had to get a GP to ring me about my abnormal results. Same thing happening again.

This isn't good at all, I'm worried sick again.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information