Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heartburn / angina after exercise

Hi all, after going nearly 5 months with bowel cancer / IBD worries resulting in various tests and a flex sigmoidoscopy I've turned my attention to heart disease (or that's how my partner puts it as). For anyone that's seen my posts, I suffer badly with HA.

This has happened sometimes over the past 3 months after football training - I will get a heartburning feeling in my chest during and after training, sometimes lasting a good one or two hours after I stopped.

Now I initially put this down to heartburn because I had been getting some indigestion / reflux symptoms with all my anxiety over the bowels, but after googling (Yes, I know) ways of combating heartburn after exercise I was faced with angina and heart disease! And that heartburn is often misdiagnosed when it is infact angina and heart problems, maybe even an actual heart attack! I do sometimes get arm pains and shoulder pains in football - could I have had heart attacks already? I eat food at least and hour and a half before training.

I'm 32 years old, so maybe fairly young to get angina type symptoms but I have suffered from palpitations for 15 years, along with a racing heartbeat at times (probably anxiety?), and I'm very concerned right now - don't know whether to visit the docs again. Also been stressed out over the bowel issues, so wondering if I've given myself heart disease as stress is a factor.

Really wished I could just live my life now without these constant health worries.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 10-05-19 at 08:19.

Thread Information