Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm starting to think it might be your comfort zone.
    Valid point and one that applies to many serial posters here. It goes back to my comparison to a co-dependent relationship. They know its bad for them but they Google, eat crappage etc., then freak out and post, often times in detail, for reassurance/attention. I often wonder if there are hints of narcissistic traits in the illness as it really is all about them. Rarely do we see this type of poster help others.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 17-06-19 at 16:15.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Anxiety being my comfort zone is a fair comment, i dont think I know how to live a relaxed life anymore. And even if I do relax somewhat Im always slightly alert.

I agree that HA is a selfish illness, and im not going to deny I have been selfish at times over the last few months. I find the narcisstic comment a bit too far. Ive lived most of my life void of much confidence and self esteem, but I can sort of see what you mean. Admittedly I have not posted that much helpful stuff to others, but I have on threads that feel relevant to what I've experienced. I almost feel it would be hypocritical of me to attempt to reassure others.

Ive just bought the book 'self help for your nerves' by claire weekes, hopefully itll be helpful.

Heartburn / angina after exercise

It will if you are in the right state to listen.

Decide to believe someone else over yourself and Claire Weekes will help a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Josht; 18-06-19 at 01:17.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I find the narcisstic comment a bit too far.
    Yeah... I can see that. "self-absorbed" would have been a better choice of words but the 'me me me' aspect applies and that was my point.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've booked a doc appt for Thursday. I've been trying really hard to accept this is anxiety, and practiced a lot of meditation and listening to my hypnotherapy yesterday and sunday. Unfortunately the light headedness is still there and I'm getting waves of like a squeezing/pressure feeling in my head, mainly when I'm walking about. It's very difficult to describe, and very distressing - I have been trying hard to remain calm about this. The worrying bit is that it all seems to go away if I lie down, so it must be something physical as symptoms wouldn't change like that with anxiety?

I'm just feeling pretty messed up about this. Apart from the anxiety, this could be caused by a whole host of things - thyroid, spine, muscular, brain, heart, nerves, deficiencies. Where will the doctor begin testing I have no idea. I'm seeing the same doc that referred me for cardio, so I have no doubt he will arrange further testing for this.

I'm just feeling pretty messed up about this.
    You're behaving in a pretty messed up way, too, brooding on every tiny sensation. You can't expect anxiety symptoms to vanish instantly, it's something you have to work at, and if working at it isn't enough, medication can help support you so that your fears aren't taking over your entire life.

I've booked a doc appt for Thursday. I've been trying really hard to accept this is anxiety, and practiced a lot of meditation and listening to my hypnotherapy yesterday and sunday. Unfortunately the light headedness is still there and I'm getting waves of like a squeezing/pressure feeling in my head, mainly when I'm walking about. It's very difficult to describe, and very distressing - I have been trying hard to remain calm about this. The worrying bit is that it all seems to go away if I lie down, so it must be something physical as symptoms wouldn't change like that with anxiety?

I'm just feeling pretty messed up about this. Apart from the anxiety, this could be caused by a whole host of things - thyroid, spine, muscular, brain, heart, nerves, deficiencies. Where will the doctor begin testing I have no idea. I'm seeing the same doc that referred me for cardio, so I have no doubt he will arrange further testing for this.
    If he is a decent doctor he won't. He will recognise hypochondria at its most demanding. He will have a report back from your visit to A&E too.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If he is a decent doctor he won't. He will recognise hypochondria at its most demanding. He will have a report back from your visit to A&E too.
    Yes I know. I think he will refer me though. He told me before when I went in about the heart that I 'worry about health a lot' and chuckled, but still referred me to the cardio.

I may need to leave work today, the lightheadness and head pressure is unbearable. I thought keeping busy and getting on with things will distract me, but I feel quite debilitated with everything going on in my head.

I know you all think I'm making this up, or 'imagining things' but I really am not.

So last night I went to bed at 10pm, I was absolutely exhausted, and I could feel my heart pounding throughout my body. I've felt a lot calmer today, but symptoms still persist.

Today, still lightheaded, and getting these waves of head pressure which I can feel around my temples/ears, and sometimes all over my head - mainly when I walk. I can't help but think that I've got some sort of brain damage due to hitting my head twice last weekend. Feeling very spaced out as well.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting from this forum anymore, I know that no-one can tell me that I'm medically ok, but I dunno.

Feeling extremely depressed sitting with all this uncertainty, and just want to lie in bed because then I can't feel the symptoms. I'm especially worried the doc won't take me seriously tomorrow because of how many times I've been seen over the past 6 months.

If he is concerned and wants testing, does anyone know how soon things like scans/MRI's will be done? I know sometimes they are done on the day.

I'm not sure if he'll do something abuot my heart, because I've had two clear ECG's now.

The other thing is bloods, which again I'm not looking forward to doing again.

Had a few crying sessions over the past two days, I feel pathetic and battered, and just want all these symptoms to go away so I can carry on with my life.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 19-06-19 at 15:32.

How about you carry on with your life and wait for the symptoms to go away on their own?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information