Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Fair enough, but how else would you explain my symptoms.....burning chest / heartbur after episodes of intense exercise......doesn't sound great to me. Inlcuding the arm and left flank pain experienced on Thursday training as well.

Been feeling exhausted all day yesterday and today, even had to take a nap this afternoon. Legs feel heavy. Been feeling out of breath at times as well, and chest has felt tight occasionally.

What if I did have a mini heart attack on Thursday or something and now my heart is damaged?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 12-05-19 at 18:58.

What if it's your anxiety tiring you out?

I took an afternoon nap, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    What if it's your anxiety tiring you out?

I took an afternoon nap, too.
    Yes I know that's also a possibility, because I have felt tired from worrying before, just today has felt overwhelming. Did some work in the garden, lifting slabs etc and struggled.

I'm going to go for an hours walk with the dog later to see how I feel, but I have my first football match for a while on Saturday and I'm terrified I'll have a heart attack in the middle of the match,
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 12-05-19 at 19:05.

Do you want people to tell you to get yourself checked out at A&E? Do you want people to say"you can never be too careful"..etc.

I'm sure Fishmanpa will comment on your "mini heart attack" episode followed by heavy manual gardening work a few days later.

Remember your MS, renal cancer, pitted oedema, BC etc etc. But this time it's the Real Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure Fishmanpa will comment on your "mini heart attack" episode followed by heavy manual gardening work a few days later.
    Nah... You know, I know, we all know the real deal

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 12-05-19 at 23:14.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So I saw a doc today about this, I've been feeling exhausted since Thursday. What started off as a slightly jokey appt about me worrying about health a lot, has resulted in an ECG booked for next Monday and a referral for cardio to get a heart scan and 24 hr monitor. The heart scan results may take 2-3 weeks to come back, great.

I'm feeling really upset and freaked out right now, which I know is my own doing going to the docs again.

The doc was wondering for a bit whether to refer me, but because I get palpitations he said better get that checked out - although he expects everything to come back normal.

Here we go again........there's the start of my summer ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    The doc was wondering for a bit whether to refer me, but because I get palpitations he said better get that checked out - although he expects everything to come back normal.
    I know that's no solace and you're already in a negative mindset and spiral but I absolutely expect the same result.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm too frightened to go to football training tonight incase I drop dead.

Also I've had horrible burning, itchy, heavy, tired eyes for nearly a week now. Don't know if it's related to a heart issue or if it's anxiety/stress, dry eye syndrome, hayfever. Either way it's frustrating and getting me down.

My daughter had her first follow up eye appt yesterday after getting glasses so I don't know if it's a stress reaction to that as well, because I've been worried about her.

And to top it off, last night was the last session with my therapist because he's moving 200 miles away on Friday - very upset by that, and feel almost abandoned.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-05-19 at 13:50.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information