Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Reall worried that this is long QT sydrome now after my palps during football, nothing else explains it.

The BHF website says that sometimes it takes a few tests to confirm a diagnosis, so I camt rely on that ECG I had.
    "Nothing else explains it"....

So when are you going get your referral to the cardiologist?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Mr. L, do you not see how you're falling into exactly the same holding pattern again?
    Yes I have insight into it, but I just don't know how to stop the worry .

And I agree, it's sad that I'm once again worrying about health.

I've heard nothing back from the docs regarding my cardio referral since my appt two weeks ago.

So, presumably your doctor isn't overly worried.

It's football training night again, and I'm already panicking about palpitations and my heart.

This week I've walked 5 miles on 3 nights and also walked up a small mountain on Tuesday night with no issues, not sure if those sort of exercises should provide me with enough reassurance that my heart is ok........

Dont know if someone can help me at the moment, but I'm in a panic.

My heart suddenly began racing a bit last night, around 11.30pm. It feels at least 90-100bpm. I tried doing some deep breathing to slow it down but nothing was working. Finally went to bed thinking it would slow down in my sleep, but I've woken up and it's still racing.

I read on here recently, well someone posted, if you wake upwith a racing heart it's probably a heart condition rather than anxiety because the anxiety doesn't kick in first thing in the morning.

Last night in work, I was having conversation about money and tax etc with a bloke and it was getting me nervous because I worry about money all the time, so I started thinking about getting chased up by the taxman etc. Can't see how that would trigger off an episode like this though.

Don't know whether I should get down to A&E, but I'm meant to be working today and they know my history of HA so won't appreciate me taking time off.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 01-06-19 at 08:01.

No, don't bother with A&E, that's ridiculous. I know from experience that if you go to bed panicking, you'll probably wake up panicking too. Oh, and 90-100? That's basically what I default to when I'm not completely relaxed.

You're absolutely fine.

Thanks for the reply BI, always appreciate you responding at my posts even though you're probably frustrated hearing this.

I'm just thinking if I get to A&E and they record this now, it'll show something because ECG's don't pick up everything unless it's happening at that moment.

It feels like A-fib to me, my pulse is sometimes faster, then slows down a bit, then speeds up - irregular patterns like A-fib.

You'll be wasting your Saturday and annoying your colleagues over a simple panic attack.

HOWEVER, because I know I must sometimes come across as an impatient jerk, I get how it can be terrifying for you. I have my own triggers that can cause me to go completely off the rails and lose track of reality. I'm sorry you're having such an awful time.

I really think that taking the meds could make a massive difference to your life, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I really think that taking the meds could make a massive difference to your life, though.
    I advised this 3 weeks ago on this thread. When you have a physical illness, treatment typically requires medication. The same applies for mental illness. I do get the aversion and opinions some feel about medication but its certainly worth a shot when you're suffering as you are. My daughter is a sufferer and takes meds. My sister has been on Prozac for years. I took Zoloft for 6 months for depression and had Buspar for "scanxiety" (along with one on one therapy). It really helped and if I found myself in a similar mental state, I would do it again. I hope you heed the advice as I see you going around in circles with your fears.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I totally understand why you think I should start the meds. I really wish I could be like most others and take then, but I just cant bring myself to take them. Its ironic that its anxiety causing the reason not to treat anxiety. Pathetic I know.

My heart racing subsided this morning around 11.00, nearly 12 hours of it - that cant be anxiety surely. Ive had episodes of this before but didnt know so much about heart issues back then.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information