Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Honestly, granted I'm hugely overweight, but when I have a proper panic attack my heart doesn't stop racing for days.

You also have to allow for the fact that anxiety is going to distort your sense of reality. Have you asked your other half what she thinks you should do?

She just says its my anxiety, again.

I dont like going on about this atm, because she herself has a breast worry going on - see my thread in the female secton. Its unfair and selfish of me to go on about myself with that going on.

You should probably trust her, in this case - I know I rely on my husband to warn me if I'm going loopy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I totally understand why you think I should start the meds. I really wish I could be like most others and take then, but I just cant bring myself to take them. Its ironic that its anxiety causing the reason not to treat anxiety. Pathetic I know.
    Well... That's it then. I don't know what else to say nor do I think you can benefit from the forum other than reassurance which as you know, is not the way to approach your HA. If you were in a good place mentally, the self help FREE CBT would be effective but IMO, you're not there.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I totally understand why you think I should start the meds. I really wish I could be like most others and take then, but I just cant bring myself to take them. Its ironic that its anxiety causing the reason not to treat anxiety. Pathetic I know.

My heart racing subsided this morning around 11.00, nearly 12 hours of it - that cant be anxiety surely. Ive had episodes of this before but didnt know so much about heart issues back then.
    The legacy of Doc Google...and you don't have heart issues. How is the rheumatoid arthritis?

Very funny. Can I ask a question, do you guys believe I'm merely imagining these symptoms or making them up? I know they are real, but I think I may have a case of the boy who cried wolf and no-one's believing me.

Can I ask a question, do you guys believe I'm merely imagining these symptoms or making them up? I know they are real, but I think I may have a case of the boy who cried wolf and no-one's believing me.
    Anxiety causes real physical symptoms. You're wound tighter than a '59 humbucker! You've been on this site for a year and frankly, IMO, based on your age and post history, you're no different than many others here that are convinced something is wrong.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think your brain is looking for sensations and magnifying them. Writing them down and documenting them on here gives them credence in your eyes. You are indignant if we challenge you because you believe all the guff you have read on the internet and don't trust your GP, You have admitted in the past that you have a morbid fascination with Googling health-related stuff which terrifies the life out of you?

I'm sure you're feeling something, but I'm equally sure your Nxiety is making you hyper aware of it.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think your brain is looking for sensations and magnifying them. Writing them down and documenting them on here gives them credence in your eyes. You are indignant if we challenge you because you believe all the guff you have read on the internet and don't trust your GP, You have admitted in the past that you have a morbid fascination with Googling health-related stuff which terrifies the life out of you?
    Absolutely, Agt P. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You're ostensibly young, fit, active and otherwise healthy. Don't drink or smoke. Play sports (football matches). Yet you come here convinced - and intent on convincing others - that you're about to kick the bucket at any moment

NEXT!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information