Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartburn / angina after exercise

Re: Heartburn / angina after exercise

When I decided to kick this, going for walks was hard. Too easy to analyze how I felt.

The first day I got on a bicycle and got over 150bpm, most of my symptoms went away.

I remember walking and feeling like I was going to die...you’re not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The strange thing is I can manage a football game yet sometimes i feel out of breath going for a 30 minute stroll.

Last week I played two 90 minute football games and was fine, heart racing afterwards obviously.

However tonight, out of breath and chest tightness after one uphill walk.

Not read all the thread but have you been checked out and all ok?

I think you are over- analysing things to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Not read all the thread but have you been checked out and all ok?

I think you are over- analysing things to be honest.
    To summarise, had some heartburn after football a few times over a month ago. Read on google it could be heart related, anxiety kicked in. Went to docs, didn't seem concerned, said reflux. Told him I get palpitations sometimes - for nearly 15 years now. He ordered an ECG and referral for cardio. Checked BP, that was ok apparently. Listened to my heart, lungs etc. ECG was fine as well, but waiting on the cardio referral still - very nervous. Since then I've been constantly anxious about my heart and my 'symptoms' have got worse, frequent heart racing, chest tightness. I'd like to think it's anxiety, over thinking and tension, but I dunno.

Have had an array of symptoms over the past month:

Chest tightness
    Breathlessness
    Shallow breathing
    Lump feeling in throat
    Dizziness / Lightheadness

I had a lot of strange feelings during my bowel worries, all of which have almost gone now, so hopefully this is just the same but on a different body part.

I know it's hard to accept that it's "just"anxiety causing these symptoms but you are getting there.The problem is that you will just move onto another body part/illness once the current set of symptoms have abated. And you will be sowing the seeds of health anxiety in your children.

Thanks for the reply Pulisa, and yes, I really don't want to transfer a lot of this onto the kids. I have decided to stay at my parents this week for a bit to give my family a break. My parents live close to my workplace.

My doc took my bp a month ago at the surgery. I'm assuming it was probably high as I was anxious and very nervous, but if it was high shouldn't he had referred me to have a holter or something to make sure it's not masking true high bp.

I'm just concerned that I've got permanent high bp due to all my stressing and anxiety, and the damage that can do in turn. And my problem is that I have a phobia of taking my bp in any setting, doctor or at home. As soon as the cuff goes on, my heart rate spikes.

I feel for you, Mr. L - mine does the same. We're back to the old one, though, in that life is uncertain and that's tough for us anxiety sufferers to cope with. By the sounds of it, you're eating sensibly and exercising, therefore, you're doing the best you can and unless you're very unlucky, that should be enough.

Thanks for the reply BI. I've also had a mild aching headache for the past 2-3 days, feels tension like, but concerned that it's been there for that long. I was incredibly anxious on the weekend, so I don't know if this is the after effects of so much stress and worry.

On the verge of ringing the docs again. I have football training tonight, and once again petrified of playing even though I played a whole match on the weekend.

You're half-crazed from stress; tension headaches can easily last several days.

The elephants in the room are a clear medical exam, you wouldn't be able to play football with a heart condition and you're posting on an anxiety website That is what you should be focusing on.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information