Thread: Has anyone had no/few side effects when starting 50mg?

Has anyone had no/few side effects when starting 50mg?

Hey everyone

I'm on day 4 of Sertraline and apart from feeling tired and finding it hard to get out of bed on a morning, I feel absolutely fine. Is this usual?? I guess I equate few symptoms with ineffectiveness. I'm thankful it's been easy so far, hopefully it'll stay this way and then they'll work.

X

Re: Has anyone had no/few side effects when starting 50mg?

When I took it, I was started at 100mg. I didn't really have any side effects aside from a dodgy stomach and loose bowels. That persisted during the six months I was on it. I didn't feel much different mentally but friends noticed I was more positive after a couple of weeks. It wasn't until I weaned off that I realized I was drugged. I got the brain zaps and such.

I don't think its unusual in what you describe. When I took Buspar after my cancer treatment for "scanxiety", I also felt fine. The only difference in how I felt was a 'don't give a crap' attitude. The little stuff just rolled off my shoulders. I called them my 'F it!' pills ~lol~

Give it some time. There are several members that have had great success with Sertraline.

positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Has anyone had no/few side effects when starting 50mg?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    When I took it, I was started at 100mg. I didn't really have any side effects aside from a dodgy stomach and loose bowels. That persisted during the six months I was on it. I didn't feel much different mentally but friends noticed I was more positive after a couple of weeks. It wasn't until I weaned off that I realized I was drugged. I got the brain zaps and such.

I don't think its unusual in what you describe. When I took Buspar after my cancer treatment for "scanxiety", I also felt fine. The only difference in how I felt was a 'don't give a crap' attitude. The little stuff just rolled off my shoulders. I called them my 'F it!' pills ~lol~

Give it some time. There are several members that have had great success with Sertraline.

positive thoughts
    I too had the loose bowels the first time round. But this time around my bowels improved only after taking them and now they're normal. They do work. For me at least. Think I'm about 4 weeks in now and as you know I wasn't doing well prior to starting the meds. Tiredness and lack of motivation are my only complaints but if that's what it takes to not feel anxious then I'd rather that.

@OP It could be the calm before the storm I'm joking. A lot of symptoms people experience on Sertraline are usually from the anxiety. At least in my experience talking to others.

In a few weeks you'll start to feel so much better.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information