My GP suggested I self-refer to the NHS talking therapy service. I got a person assigned to me, but I think that they gave me the wrong type of therapy. I don't see it working, altho I am just halfway through it, it doesn't make sense to my case. The booklet they sent me is one where you have to write your worries down and then have a set worry time every day where you go through your list of worries and worry for half an hour then that's it. I don't get that, it makes no sense to me. For one, my anxiety is not always, or almost never, caused by outside events or by worries. I do have worries, but my bigger problem is a constant level of background anxiety relating to nothing at all. So how am I supposed to do a list of worries when there aren't many or any to speak of? I was thinking of asking about a different approach as this doesn't seem suitable for me. Any suggestions as to what would be better? I'm not even sure CBT would be that useful for me at all. At the moment, my main worry is about worry time and lists of worries which aren't being done!