Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline side effects are no longer ok :(

Sertraline side effects are no longer ok :(

Had a nasty panic attack because of the nausea. Caused me to vomit a little. I've been feeling nausea the past couple of days since increasing the dose to 100mg. Initially I felt ok but as the days have gone on I am starting to feel the uncomfortable side effects.

Still got the nausea :( Is this normal?

Re: Sertraline side effects are no longer ok :(

Another day of sickly feelings and more panic. This morning was fine, even walked my son to school for the first time in months. Just sat here feeling nausea, tense, panic over nothing in general. Feeling dizzy too. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is all part and parcel of increasing dose.

How long have you been on these, I took my second dose today.
    I feel like my blood running through my veins is burning, feel very sick and just cannot eat as it makes me gag. Also after my first dose yesterday I got 0 sleep because of how uncomfortable the burning was.
    Iíve been on these before though and I think my symptoms went around day 6. Do you ever feel like how will you cope with this and will you get through it? Thatís how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Pinguanxious View Post
    How long have you been on these, I took my second dose today.
    I feel like my blood running through my veins is burning, feel very sick and just cannot eat as it makes me gag. Also after my first dose yesterday I got 0 sleep because of how uncomfortable the burning was.
    I’ve been on these before though and I think my symptoms went around day 6. Do you ever feel like how will you cope with this and will you get through it? That’s how I feel
    I'm about 4 weeks in. Started on 50mg and 7 days ago up to 100mg. I had 0 sleep on the first day or so but thankfully I sleep like a log now.

And yes I sometimes do feel that way, but I know they're doing more good than harm. I have the odd day or so where it's good.

Did you find an increase in symptoms before it got better. I swear my ocd is worse now than ever but Iím not sure if itís just the tablets getting into the system. Im so glad you are feeling better
    I also got some sleep last night, admittedly I woke up a lot but itís better than the 0 sleep I got the night before

Quote Originally Posted by Pinguanxious View Post
    Did you find an increase in symptoms before it got better. I swear my ocd is worse now than ever but I’m not sure if it’s just the tablets getting into the system. Im so glad you are feeling better
    I also got some sleep last night, admittedly I woke up a lot but it’s better than the 0 sleep I got the night before
    Yeah I think it's pretty common for it to get worse before it gets better. I've still got lingering nausea. Feels better today but my appetite is dead again. Sucks because it came back before they upped them. We must have traded bodies last night because I didn't sleep until 6am LOL! I used the time to get a music video done for a client so was a win/win.

Yea I was on these before and they seemed to work really well; Iíve looked through my posts and found I got better on day 8,
    The first day I took them I had 0 sleep too, itís horrible isnít it, staying up all night ruminating,
    I also have only eaten 2 bananas a pop tart and a bowl of cereal in 3 days. But Iím drinking a lot of milk just to put something in my tummy!

It is really common to get all of the side effects back (normally not quite so bad as when you first start) when you up the does... with me it took a good couple of months to settle and start helping me feel a bit better.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I've been much better today Sickly feelings going away. Ate 2 slices of dominos, 2 chicken pieces, a sandwich and some nuts. Trying hard not to get the scales out I don't want to start that OCD again. Think the side effects are getting better tho.

Sickness went today. Still have no appetite and havenít eaten, the physical symptoms have been better but my intrusive thoughts are through the roof. I canít break out of it. I keep thinking Iíve repressed a memory and that what if I did do it. Itís worse than ever today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information