Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerned for 18 yr old son

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Concerned for 18 yr old son

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but I hope I am.
    Over the past few weeks I have noticed something about my son that is worrying me a little bit. He's nearly 18 yrs old.
    I've been in the car driving him somewhere and when he gets out I noticed a damp patch on the seat. I shrugged it off the first time I saw it but I've seen it a few times now. I saw it again this evening when he got out of the car. I'm trying to think logically what it could be but of course there's all sorts going through my mind.
    Has anyone any ideas what might be causing it?

Re: Concerned for 18 yr old son

Now this is a weird one cos when I bought a new car last year I noticed a wet patch on the seat when the dealer had sat in the driving seat and I thought it was me and I was thinking oh god did I wee myself being an older woman lol

But then when we got back to the garage after a test drive the seat was dry and he went to put it back in the showroom and again there was a wet patch so it was him not me but no idea what it was etc.

I never got to the bottom of it!

Maybe ask him if he is having urinary problems

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I never got to the bottom of it!
    Literally!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Maybe ask him if he is having urinary problems
    That's exactly what I'm almost afraid to do, for 2 reasons.
    Firstly, I don't want him thinking (or knowing) that I'm worried about it and risk him finding out that I'm a bit of a HA nut case and

Secondly, I know that if I ask him about it, he will get really embarrassed. How do you ask an 18 yr old something like that without embarrassing the hell out of them?

If I thought there was a simple explanation for it I would just leave it.

Well there could be but if you want to know you have to ask I guess

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Being concerned about your son's health does not make you a "HA nut", and I don't see why you shouldn't ask him directly, because he'll be even more embarrassed if a stranger or peer notices and asks him the same question. Better coming from his mother.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'm scared of how he'll react if I say it to him. He's a quiet person, keeps to himself a lot. It's situations like this that I don't know how to handle, being a HA sufferer. When do you say something and when do you keep your mouth shut and not even think about it again? Is it something a non HA person would worry about or would they forget it?

Could it be that he's sweating down there and leaving what looks like damp patch? Do you have leather seats in car and is it actually wet? Nevertheless, I would mention it casually because it could also be a problem with post micturition dribble, where the bladder isn't emptying fully. Either way, these types of problems can occur with teens and talking about it is important so you can build confidence and trust. I really doubt it is something serious.

Has he visited GP before? He's old enough to go on his own if he feels there is a problem but support and encouragement from you is important. That doesn't make you a HA nut!

Never Surrender, Comrade

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that he will get really embarrassed. He won't even want to get into the car with me after it. I don't want to damage him mentally over this.
    I reckon it has to be one of 3 things: sweat, urine or anal discharge.
    I don't think it would be sweat. When I saw it last night he was getting into the car after a guitar lesson, hardly a reason to cause him to sweat.
    Could it be urine? Possibly. But if he is having some problems there he doesn't want me to know, otherwise he would have told me by now.
    And anal discharge, I have no idea if this is how it would present itself. Could it be so bad that it would soak through underwear and pants? I've no idea about this one but I'm worried about it.
    I don't know what the best thing to do is.
    What's best for me and for him?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that he will get really embarrassed. He won't even want to get into the car with me after it. I don't want to damage him mentally over this.
    I reckon it has to be one of 3 things: sweat, urine or anal discharge.
    I don't think it would be sweat. When I saw it last night he was getting into the car after a guitar lesson, hardly a reason to cause him to sweat.
    Could it be urine? Possibly. But if he is having some problems there he doesn't want me to know, otherwise he would have told me by now.
    And anal discharge, I have no idea if this is how it would present itself. Could it be so bad that it would soak through underwear and pants? I've no idea about this one but I'm worried about it.
    I don't know what the best thing to do is.
    What's best for me and for him?
    You didn't really answer my questions or acknowledge what I said. You appear to be talking to yourself, BrokenGirl. So not sure why you're asking for advice. Do what you feel is best then

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information