Thread: Dermatologist Appointment

Dermatologist Appointment

Hello everyone,

So six months ago I had a benign mole removed from my back. Today i got a notification that my six month appointment is tomorrow. I guess this is a follow-up My concern is is that if the mole was benign, what are they looking for during the follow-up?

I am concerned about this even though I do not get moles that often. the Dr. though it best that it be removed at the time just to be safe. It doesnt helpt that I have family who want me to lay out to get a tan even though I have a farmer's tan. Ironically the same people that recommend I do this have skin cancer issues of their own due to them being fair skin and all. I usualyl never have my shirt off in the sun and I use sunblock when I do.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Re: Dermatologist Appointment

Totally normal.

I see you're in the states, so it's definitely normal that you're having a follow up even after a benign mole. Here in the UK it's the same with private healthcare (my derma sees me biannually now) however on the NHS, if you have a mole removed which is benign, you are not sent for follow up AFAIK. (This is due to money restrictions)

Don't worry about your appointment tomorrow. In a sense, be thankful you're able to avail of such healthcare (many in the UK would love to, but sadly can't afford it)

Good luck

Thread Information