Thread: Accidentally Overdosed on Allergy Medicine

Accidentally Overdosed on Allergy Medicine

Last week, I was showing symptoms of allergies so my mom gave me some allergy medicine. Usually, I ALWAYS check the dosage. I was taking Advil with the allergy medicine because I also had a sore throat. And I guess I just thought, “If I can take
    Advil twice a day, then I can take the Allegra with it twice a day.” I know this is such a stupid mistake and I’m so mad at myself. I took the Allegra twice a day for a few days. I didn’t realize it was only one pill a day until my eyes started to dilate. And sure enough, after googling, I was taking too much of it. I’m so scared. My eyes have been dialing on and off, and I have noticed a rapid heartbeat. My family said that I’ll be fine since it was only a few days, but I’m worried sick. They just don’t understand my anxiety. I’m so scared. Will I be okay if it was only for a few days or will I suffer with long-term damage?? Please help me.
    Last edited by moonlightangel; 14-05-19 at 18:44.

Re: Accidentally Overdosed on Allergy Medicine

You would have had a reaction earlier than 2 days to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I would also like to point out that I was super anxious and my health anxiety was on high. So I think that's why I wasn't thinking clearly and I went ahead and took it twice a day with the Advil. I guess I was so occupied in my anxiety. I feel so stupid and scared. I don't even like taking medication at all; In fact, I rarely take it. But my family said that it would help me so I went ahead and did it. It was also the 180mg Allegra. I'm so worried.

as I said above ^^^^^^

(Just a tip for anyone reading this from the States for future reference: in the UK, we generally refer to drugs by their generic name, rather than brand name. An exception to this is if the patient needs a brand-specific drug. If you're posting here with queries to your drugs, it may be helpful if you could refer to them by generic rather than brand name as well... I even have to google the bran names occasionally, because there are often MANY for one drug!)

I'm confident you'll be fine from this.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thread Information