Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

nearly 7 weeks in and honestly feel like throwing towel in. TBH my shrink isn't interested

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    nearly 7 weeks in and honestly feel like throwing towel in.
    You've only been on an effectivish dose (105mg+) for about 4 weeks which is the low end of the kick-in range. It would be a pity if you dropped out just as it began to have a positive impact. Give it until next Monday and if you're still feeling as you are today then kick your shrink's posterior into gear.

will i know when the positive effect is coming? I have been doing small jobs about the house to distract myself.

also dont see her until 11th sept.

what should i say to her?

will i know when the positive effect is coming?
    By the significant improvement of mood. It might come as a gradual day by day linear improvement, or it can be 1 step forward, 2 back, and occasionally 3, or 4 back, for a while.

what should i say to her?
    How you're feeling at the time, which hopefully will be much improved. If you're not then it would be time to consider other options.

mine is more just a constant rumination. that only settles late at night its as if my cortisol is ramping up all day. I know this because i had a cortisol saliva test when i was coming off meds 4 yrs ago. and it just started high in the am and stayed there until about 9 pm. I suppose ive just got to keep going. its definateley making me more agitated low and anxious and apathetic - what a combo.

Thanks Ian for feedback,

Kind regards,
    Paul

9pm had 3mg of loraz today and leg still going like a train. I have noticed my resting hr is up. think the NE is really giving my system a workout

its definateley making me more agitated low and anxious and apathetic - what a combo.
    You've been unlucky to get them all from just one med. Usually it takes clueless poly-pharmacy prescribers months to trigger that trifecta as they add more and more meds in the hopes of striking the magic combination that will fix their patient's problem (it rarely works, ime).

9pm had 3mg of loraz today and leg still going like a train.
    You need to raise this with your psychiatrist at the next consult, or with your GP if you have an earlier appointment as this can be treated. Magnesium supplements might help (ask your pharmacist if there are any issues with this and your medications, both prescribed and otc, and also to recommend a supplement as some contain magnesium in forms with low bioavailability, or which may compound AD side-effects such a diarrhoea).

I have noticed my resting hr is up. think the NE is really giving my system a workout
    This and the restless legs are one way of saving on gym fees, I guess. You should be at about the point when down-regulation of noradrenaline, aka norepinephrine, synthesis and expression begins so you should soon get some relief.

remember im on 2 benzos also.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information