Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    3 months
    Then withdrawal symptoms when reducing the dose are likely. I'm surprised you've been able to get a benzo prescribed for that length of time in the UK. GPs there seem to regard them as worse than heroin for some reason.

As soon as you're stabilized on an effective AD you should begin weaning off lorazepam as benzodiazepines block the mechanism by which ADs produce the therapeutic response.

I know all this this just feed into my fear.

Ian, im seeing a psychiatrist and told me she will taper me when im settled on meds. unfortunately don't think ill get a med. this is day 26 and day 4 on 105mg tbh my mood is getting lower

please give me a ray of hope please Ian,

Kind regards,
    Paul

its just the nhs website says 2-4 weeks

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be cutting down on benzo until stable and settled on your current AD med. You need a strict med routine until this happens - any alteration will make this settling process a lot harder as you are addicted to Loraz at this point. You can worry about tapering and reducing later, Sober.

Please speak to your psych if you get any distressing thoughts or if it all feels like too much as your AD med may need to be adjusted.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    this is day 26 and day 4 on 105mg tbh my mood is getting lower
    its just the nhs website says 2-4 weeks
    The recommended starting dose is 140mg, so you're not even at that yet, plus you've just upped the dose which often sets things back due to the impact of increased side-effects severity. Also, 2-4 weeks is optimistic even when ADs are initiated at high doses. If you chart AD kick-in times on a bell curve the top of the curve is at around 6 weeks, give or take a day or two, for most ADs. There are few that truly respond at 2 weeks, though some will feel better for a while due to placebo before crashing again. Four weeks is usually when you see a trickling of responses with most experiencing kick-in at 5-7 weeks, however, a few require 10-12 weeks. The AD response comes from the growth of new brain cells and they take time to bud, grow and mature.

These disorders are often years, sometimes decades in the making and they don't surrender easily. There are no quick fixes. Sorry

Thanks KK,

I really need to here this. Was out with my friend today and he said take the loraz and let the consultant worry about that. I have distressing thoughts every day. I am only here as i have a beautiful family it would destroy. I am very weepy at the moment but tbh its a little relief when i get it.

all the best paul

Ian thanks for giving me a goal to head for especially when days are just so long and unbearable. I need the loraz at moment.

Ian, KK, i cant express the help it is, to get empathy of folks on here who understand the inexplicable pain this illness is.

thanks Paul

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information