Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Lofepramine anyone?

Hi, I have just been prescribed 140mg of Lofepramine, a TCA that is less sedating than others. I am also taking Doxepin but will eventually taper off it due to it weight gain, I also take Lorazepam and Zopiclone which I want to get off but so many antidepressants have just failed. Psychiatrist prescribed the Lofepramine which I have decided to take 70mg of for a week and then go up to 140mg next week. I am currently on day 2 and feel fine, so far. Just wondering what other peoples experiences of it are. I have a mixed anxiety and depression made worse by hormones at certain times of the month.

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

Ps. I am also very agoraphobic. xxx

I took lofepramine about 20 years ago for a few months. I don't recall any major side effects, and it was very effective as an antidepressant.

Thank you. I've only taken 70mg so far but no side effects at all apart from not sleeping very well but my kitten makes that hard enough the best of times, lol.

Had two really brilliant initial weeks on Lofepramine but today very panicy but hit a rise in hormones so could be that. Not upped dose yet to 140mg as 70mg is making it hard for me to sleep naturally. No other noticeable side effects thankfully. On a diet to lose the weight I gained taking Quetiapine and Doxepin.

Now on 140mg in 2 daily doses. Today is day 3 but now getting heightened anxiety. Hate this part!! Luckily I have Lorazepam and Propranolol to get me through this stage. It is alot easier than Ssri's. Had no side effects except insomnia on 70mg but psychiatrist wanted to get me onto the therapeutic dose. So little about this meds on the net but sometimes a good thing. Lol.

Hi Karen,

Long time no speak, how are you doing?

Kind regards,
    Paul

Hi all,

I've been put on Lofepramine. It'd be really good to hear how you're getting on Karen?

Is anyone else on this I ve been on it 9 days and its really statring to hurt now. ist few days I felt great were getting somewhere but now the twilightzone rumination is back.

any encouragement would be great.

Kind regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Is anyone else on this I ve been on it 9 days and its really statring to hurt now. ist few days I felt great were getting somewhere but now the twilightzone rumination is back.
    Hi paul,

As with all antidepressants, lofepramine has no immediate direct affect on anxiety/depression in the way say aspirin does on a headache. ADs work by stimulating the growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis) to replace cells killed, or prevented from growing by high brain stress hormone levels. The therapeutic response is produced by these new cells and the stronger interconnections they forge, not the meds directly, and they take time to bud, grow and mature. For a more detailed explanation see: How antidepressant drugs act.

Lofepramine typically kicks-in at 3-12 weeks, as with most ADs, so don't despair as it is still very much early days.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

really need the encouragement, as i felt the 1st few days were the best.

great to hear from you.

any one else on Lofepramine ?

Kind regards,
    Paul

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information