Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

"You should be at about the point when down-regulation of noradrenaline, aka norepinephrine, synthesis and expression begins so you should soon get some relief."

Please God when? im in 2 minds to drop back down to 105mg, but also don't want to give up as I've ben 7weeks into this.

Also my rsting heart rate has gone from 60 to 90 bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    im in 2 minds to drop back down to 105mg, but also don't want to give up as I've ben 7weeks into this.
    I doubt reducing the dose would have much impact on your cortisol levels (or heart rate for that matter).

Also my rsting heart rate has gone from 60 to 90 bpm
    That's just above the normal adult resting range. It is likely a toss up as to whether it is a direct noradrenaline mediated med effect, anxiety, or a combination of both. I'd put my money of the latter. You're arguably getting some of the benefits of a mild workout without the toil. I urge you not to obsess about your heart rate. That could rapidly suck you down a difficult to recover from spiral into health anxiety.

heart rate was at 100 so gp sent me to A&E they said it was 80 doing an ecg and bloods and my heart is ok. I don't want to come off lofepramine, but dear god this has been biting since middle of last week. that's day 11 on 140 and the start of week 8. I have absolutely no wish to do anything. I just get up chop wood, carry water hoping one day i am allowed to be me again. the loneliness of being trapped in your own head unable to feel others is unbearable.. Its like being at constantly put at the base of Everest every morning with no energy and you mind cattle prodding you the whole way, all the time knowing its going to happen again next day. Any inspirational words Ian, anyone???

heart rate was at 100 so gp sent me to A&E they said it was 80 doing an ecg and bloods and my heart is ok.
    I understand reasonably healthy hearts can handle bpm of 220 minus one's age without drama. I was told by a cardiologist earlier this week that even 70 yo tickers are more resilient than most people think, having been sent to see him when my new, and soon to be ex, GP apparently panicked because my heart went into atrial fib jumping from 60 to 140 bpm for 10 seconds once during the 24 hours I was on a holter monitor.

Any inspirational words Ian, anyone???
    Unfortunately, I have no words so profound they'll miraculously improve your circumstance. I have several lost months from weaning onto ADs for which I cannot remember much beyond mindlessly looking at words in books without the ability to grasp their meaning. But the fog does eventually lift and for most the tribulations were worth it.

Thanks Ian, i really feel the 140mg is really doing its damage now this last week.

Thanks Ian, i really feel the 140mg is really doing its damage now this last week.
    It is often darkest just before the dawn, Paul. Given the half-lives of both lofepramine and its active metabolite I would have expected the side-effects to have begun diminishing by now, but there is considerable variation from person to person. You should see a significant reduction soon.

really hope so, cant sleep past 6 am for last 10 days, right legs going like a jackhammer again, crying at the drop of a hat, manic agitated and apathetic just generally insane and hopeless. I need to beleive that i am not unique and treatment resistant and others have traveled this "Jacobs ladder" madness and come out the other end.

right legs going like a jackhammer again,
    Magnesium supplements may help.

manic agitated and apathetic just generally insane and hopeless.
    They beyond the normal side-effects. I suggest you let the prescriber know how you're feeling on Monday.

I need to beleive that i am not unique and treatment resistant
    Treatment resistance is probably much less common than the anecdotal claims suggest. The real problem is physicians giving up after a couple of med failures, often having only tried ADs from the same group.

Have you tried other ADs? If so, which ones, what was the highest dose taken and how long were you at that dose?

iIve tried about 14 meds

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information