Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    My shrink just ignores me and says its just the way i am. She told me to f off the other week trying to be jovial, but i just dont feel heard by her
    Where is your GP in all this? Have you told him/her about the psychiatrist's lack of interest/care?
    Last edited by panic_down_under; 02-09-19 at 01:17. Reason: changed wording for gender neutrality

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

My shrink just ignores me and says its just the way i am. She told me to f off the other week trying to be jovial, but i just dont feel heard by her
    That says it all... Joking or otherwise, that's totally unprofessional.

You need real-life therapy/support alongside meds, so try speaking to your GP about this. Perhaps they will listen

Never Surrender, Comrade

"Then why is she prescribing meds if she thinks you are making a big deal out of your symptoms? And why have you been on so many meds with little success?

It's all very well prescribing and not offering a follow-up appointment for months but this is no way to monitor potent drugs."

I have a young cpn who when i mentioned when i was put on quetiapine for anxiety i told her whilst out back with my son we were doing wood carving and i had the knife in my hand and for a split second had the horrible image of thrusting it into him. - her response "maybe you just felt that way" I instantly said bollosks Ive never had images like that in my life and nver since i stopped taking it. was only on it a few days

I said to my cpn few weeks ago, that the dynamic between us is not working. she said thats fine I speak to psych about you getting a new cpn. My psych when she told me to f off couple of weeks ago - told me that the cpn i sacked is coming to our next session. I feel it is a 2 pronged attack. to tell me how i should feel and its not the meds.

i saw gp last week and she is very understanding but wont override the consultant on meds.

This happen 7 years ago, i was constantly ramped up and up. and i know i can feel very small doses of meds. you would be able to see from my previous posts for 2012 - 2014 that was the case.
    The main thing is, i do not feel heard from my consultant. she says I just want reassurance from her - damned right I do.

Also im frightened that I am maybe about to give up just at the critical point where it may stated to work. but I am getting now that i cant even get that bit of peace at night where my head stops and i can watch something with my kids.

I spoke to my gp last week about another shrink, but she didn't really have time. As i was an emergency appointment - due to high heart rate.

I just feel hopeless and dont know where to turn

i know i can feel very small doses of meds.
    I'm sure you can, but that doesn't mean the med is working at those small doses. ADs aren't like aspirin, or benzodiazepines where you take a tablet and an hour later they directly ease the pain, or anxiety for a while. ADs work by physically changing the brain (neurogenesis). It is those brain changes which produce the therapeutic outcome and there is no way you can judge whether the med is doing that successfully or not by how the med makes you feel, especially as the day to day direct physical effects are mostly negative. It is unlikely that 2mg of escitalopram, or 5mg citalopram would be enough to initiate and sustain neurogenesis.

you would be able to see from my previous posts for 2012 - 2014 that was the case
    There doesn't seem to be a way for me to do that and I really don't have time anyway, sorry. So how about you tell me how old you are, what your diagnosis is, when this all began and as much as you can remember about the 14 meds you've tried such as when you took each one, how much you took, for how long you took it and what the result was. Also have you tried therapy and if so how did that go?

The main thing is, i do not feel heard from my consultant.
    I don't know enough about the way the NHS system works for issues such as this to advise you how to solve this, hopefully someone can chip in on that, but:

I spoke to my gp last week about another shrink, but she didn't really have time. As i was an emergency appointment - due to high heart rate.
    Making a regular appointment with your GP specifically to get referred to another psychiatrist might be the way to go. As your primary carer it is really her problem, imo.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information