Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

Just spoke to duty nurse. who knew less about the meds than me. anyway there is part of me that wants to keep going in case I crap out just before a breakthrough.I did emphasise that want o speak o a consultant before end o week as I am not safe.

In England it seems you only get referred to see a psychiatrist on the NHS if you have gone beyond suicidal thoughts and made an attempt. I doubt whether you would have the "luxury" to be able to change your allocated psych but I don't know for sure and maybe it varies according to your health authority?

I was actually much better on a below therapeutic dosage. We all respond differently.

what med are you on pulisa?
    Kind regads,
    Paul

I'm not on any meds, Paul. I just muddle on through whatever. I had years of being of trying to find the "right" one for me but prefer now to just get on with it.

I also couldn't stand the hassle of dealing with clueless CPNs and psychiatrists who just wanted to increase medication too quickly.

I know the feeling, but I'm stuck on this therapeutic dose of lofepramine until next week. and now on a high dose of lorazopam. sitting at my desk head racing, leg going like clappers totally obsessive thinking. about this situation I've been in since last November.

Saw anther gp this morning and at one point he said why don't go down to half a dose in am again then, said jus wait nil you see shrink next week. Spend my whole day addicted to looking a my phone journal on my to try and find a patern when I was best.

I find it's best not to think too much about how you feel because you can easily end up obsessing about every feeling and sensation.

I wouldn't be happy about being on a high dose of lorazepam for an extended period of time. Particularly as you are struggling with the current AD but have been told to "give it time to kick in". This is easy for the prescribing doc to trot out but awful for the patient to endure. Akasthisia is unbearable and unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Saw anther gp this morning and at one point he said why don't go down to half a dose in am again then,
    It is a thought, one that might be worth trying, if your GP/psychiatrist/cpn approve, to see if the side-effects diminish. You should know within 2-3 days.

There are blood tests to check serum levels for most TCAs - one of the advantages they have over SSRIs/SNRis, though I don't know if there is one for lofepramine. If there is it would be worth asking your GP/psych/cpn to organize one, both to see if you're in the therapeutic range, or too low/high, but also to ascertain how your liver is metabolizing it.

and now on a high dose of lorazopam
    This is both counterproductive and can cause problems in the longer term. Ask your doctors for alternatives.

I spoke to cpn today and said i am lowering my dose by 35 tonight. i said i felt i was letting the dr down but i can sustain this asa i was in the shower at gym thinking about how to word my letter to my wife and kids. So im lowering tonight.

thats almost 5 weeks at 105+ and the majority at 140mg

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information