Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

my mood was getting lower and lower

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    my mood was getting lower and lower
    While on the 40mg clomipramine? If so, not surprising as it is well below the minimum therapeutic dose.

So sorry, I never got back to this post. I take Doxepin now (150mg) prescribed by a psychiatrist. It's another TCA with very few side effects. I have been on it over a year now but only up to such a high dose for about 4 months or so. It works wonderfully sometimes but I still get low days and anxious days. Just not as many now. I have now been diagnosed with a mixed depressive/anxiety disorder and a chemical imbalance that is worse at certain times of the month. I could be okay once I hit menopause but nothing seems to control my symptoms all the time anymore. I just look forward to the good days. Hope everyone is okay and has found something of benefit x

Quote Originally Posted by karenp View Post
    I take Doxepin now (150mg) prescribed by a psychiatrist. It's another TCA with very few side effects. I have been on it over a year now but only up to such a high dose for about 4 months or so. It works wonderfully sometimes but I still get low days and anxious days. Just not as many now.
    Doxepin is a really good antihistamine, but not that great an antidepressant for most. It works mainly through sedation. You're now on the maximum recommended dose and while exceeding it a little might help, I think switching to another AD is a better option. Perhaps to the TCAs amitriptyline, or imipramine.

I have now been diagnosed with a mixed depressive/anxiety disorder and a chemical imbalance that is worse at certain times of the month. I could be okay once I hit menopause but nothing seems to control my symptoms all the time anymore.
    Have meds to modify the menstrual cycle been tried?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread Information