Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine anyone?

Re: Lofepramine anyone?

day 15. sleeping starting to suffer again. absolutely nothing in me. yesterday my youngest pet hamster passed away i cried like a baby the whole time. TBH i have been very emotional since about day 9. I need this to work as I have 3 beautiful kids and need to keep going for them.

Ian meant to say are you still on lofepramine?

Kind wishes,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Ian meant to say are you still on lofepramine?
    I've never been on lofepramine as it has never been available here. Its active metabolite, desipramine, has also been difficult to get. Not sure why as arguably they are better noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors than the only one that is available, nortriptyline.

What med are you on Ian?

What med are you on Ian?
    The TCA, dosulepin, aka dothiepin. At one time it had about 70% of the UK market, but it has now been removed from the British National Formulary and the UK drug regulator has recommended only psychiatrists and other special-care doctors be allowed to prescribe it to new patients because of the narrow margin between therapeutic and fatal doses due to its cardio toxicity. Lofepramine has a very wide safety margin, comparable to most SSRIs/SNRIs and better than some.

Hi Ian, hope you are well. I feel i am getting worse every day on tis now and my sleep is going to heck. really getting the s word on it. head wont slow down and that on 3 mg of loraz a day and zopiclone at night.

see my shrink on Tuesday not sure what to say.

Kind regards,
    Paul

see my shrink on Tuesday not sure what to say.
    Just tell him what you've posted here. If the side-effects haven't begun to diminish by Tuesday then a change to another med may be the best option, however, your psychiatrist is best placed to make that call.

Sadly, the only way of finding the best AD is still by trial and error which doesn't help with recovery , but the results are almost always worth the pain, so hang in there Paul. With meds the future is usually far brighter than the present and past.

Hi Ian just saw shrink today, she said i can either stop keep going or double it was my choice?

Kind regards,
    Paul

side effects are still bad. tired but head on fire. just took another .5 loraz.

Hi Karen id really love to know how youre getting on?

take care,
    Paul

Hi Ian just saw shrink today, she said i can either stop keep going or double it was my choice?
    I wouldn't increase the dose until the side-effects ease to a tolerable level, and then only inch up by half a tablet for a couple of weeks - get your GPs okay first! (pill cutters are more accurate and less bloddy than knives, if cutting isn't doable because the tablets are too small then lofepramine comes in liquid form which makes it easy to titrate up in small steps).

As for whether you should stop or continue, only you can make that call. I would hang in for another week or so, but I know how tough this can be.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information