Thread: Blood tests. Has anyone had this reading before.

Blood tests. Has anyone had this reading before.

Hello. Just wondering if anyone has been diagnosed as Iron deficiency anaemia? My ferritin is 5 and hemoglobin 10 on iron tablets but Dr scared me kept talking about my bowels which are not regular as such anyway so now Ive been so upset & short with my Partner because im worried something is wrong. I had colonoscopy 3 years ago & endoscopy and they came back normal. Got repeat blood test Thursday.

Re: Blood tests. Has anyone had this reading before.

You're just anaemic due to lack of iron that's all. It's a simple enough thing to treat. What was he saying about your bowels that scared you? Did you discuss what he was saying?
    Your next blood test will be fine if you are taking the tablets. When you discuss the results with your Dr. go over what he said about your bowels again to clarify it in your mind. But I bet you are worrying over nothing.... it's what we do

Ghost…Spillways

Re: Blood tests. Has anyone had this reading before.

He said my type of Aneima is called mircocytic Aneima because my red blood cells are very small. The type of Aneima i have got indicates blood loss somewhere, then kept saying about bowels any changes, which with my anxiety is not good lol...

I've been taking omprezale for about 9yrs now & have read that they can stop iron from absorbing & plus with monthys too could be the reason i think?

Thread Information