Thread: Urine infection twice now

Urine infection twice now

Hi all,

I’ve had a urine infection twice in the space of a month. I’ve noticed this happen 48 hours after intercourse twice now.
    I’ve finished a different course of antibiotics but I’m so so worried to have sex with my partner again incase this happens again.
    Has anyone experienced this before or suffered from urine infections before?
    This has given me major anxiety before my holiday :(

Re: Urine infection twice now

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Not to be tmi but are you new to intercourse or have a new partner? When my husband and I first got married, I was getting UTI's often. My Mom said it happened to her as well when her and my Dad first got married and were having sex regularly.

A little tip I learned, Of course the obvious, make sure you are peeing after sex but also I had heard on a health talk show a few years ago to drink 16 oz. of water right after sex and then you'll have to pee a lot for about an hour or so and it flushes out your bladder and urethra really good to avoid UTI's. I've been doing that ever since.

Thanks so much for this. It’s the same partner I’ve had for ages so this is brand new to me which is very weird. Il try the trick of a lot of water afterwards.

and my question?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hiya, the drs advised sometimes after periods it can alter the ph. I had an internal gel which seemed to work and no problems since *touch wood*

I started taking D-mannose daily because I was getting UTIs. Google it- it is a sugar that somehow interferes with the ability of the bacteria to take hold in your bladder. I haven’t gotten an infection since starting it- knock on wood!!

Thank you I’ve heard this works wonders, do you use a powder form or capsules ?

Thread Information