Thread: Hormonal armpit lumps??

Hormonal armpit lumps??

Hello!

Back on the forum with a question related to hormones. I've been doing fairly well with my HA. Started using the Heart Math monitor and app after a really bad period of insomnia last month, and started to do an online CBT course. Both have helped to reduce my anxiety tremendously. I have struggled with multiple forms of anxiety since early childhood and HA is the biggest challenge for me. This site has been a huge help and I prefer coming here for reassurance instead of harassing my husband, friends, and family.

Here's my question: I have two pretty small breast cysts on my left breast that have been under observation for two years now. Clean mammos for the last two years (last on in Dec 2018) and no changes (not getting bigger or change in other characteristics) in the two cysts. In fact the breast surgeon thought the largest one might be getting smaller. Anyway, I am due for the 6 month ultrasound next week and was doing pretty well until I had an itchy, tiny lump appear in my armpit this past week. And, of course, it's on the left armpit.

The timing and location sucks in my opinion but what can you do. Here's where I am struggling: I have gotten these small armpit lumps on and off in the past. It starts with either an itchy spot or a sharp pain or sometimes both. Sometimes I get them from using a different deodorant, sometimes I get them from lifting something heavy but they always seem to tie in with getting my period. I'm wrapping up my period this week and this armpit lump followed the same pattern. I of course made it super sore and inflamed by poking it multiple times last night but that has calmed down a bit. My rational mind is telling me that it's one of the hormonal lumps but my HA is starting to work its evil magic.

Has anyone else dealt with hormonal armpit lumps and also had breast cysts that were benign? To add yet another thing to the mix, I also have a permanently enlarged lymph node on the left side of the neck (going on 10 years), which has been checked out many times, including by an oncologist. Please note that I will bring up the armpit lump to the breast surgeon when we meet to review the u/s results but am hoping for some reassurance in the meantime. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, etc!

Re: Hormonal armpit lumps??

Not had cysts but I got armpit lump which turns out to be extra breast tissue the ache like boobs and everything thing . The main thing is your under the radar and they are look at those things intake that as reassuring as if they did find anything they would find it fairly early in the game because they are already there x

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I was thinking that it might be extra breast tissue too. It's next to the tendon, so honestly it's pretty hard to tell what it is. I had a bad night last night but I can definitely say that the Heart Math app and CBT program are working because in the past it would have been much, much worse.

I have my u/s appt on Monday and will be hands off from now until then. I have been prodding so much that it doesn't even hurt anymore. I have the u/s follow up appt on June 14th but will talk to the nurse practitioner on Monday to see if I can get any info before then. I'm also going to ask my breast dr what I should be looking for, what's a concern, what's not a concern. Honestly, I could have had this thing for months or years without me even knowing. That's how unobtrusive it is. It's just that it happens to be on the same side as the breast cyst that's under observation.

I've saved a couple of posts from folks who have dealt with cysts in their breasts and armpits and everything was ok (to give myself reassurance during the rough mental times). I will come and post further updates on this post to not let it just drop off. Thanks again for your thoughts!

No problem good luck with your appointment x

Thread Information