Thread: Blood work came back normal...but worried more

Blood work came back normal...but worried more

So I’ve been having this muscle issue in my right arm for well over 6 months now. It feels generally tired and sore/achy when I use it. Sometimes the pain is in my upper arm, then it move to he forearm and elbow. I went to my pcp. All my strength is there, so he sent me for a blood test. It was a general physical, B12, Ferratin and everything came back normal. 

I fear MS, it any biggest fear right now. Now I’ve been feeling this soreness in my right leg as well. Usually it’s the front part of my thigh, but sometimes I feel it behind the knees and calf too.

I know that the blood work coming back normal is a good thing, but how can I get over this fear of MS? I feel like since he blood work came back normal there is a greater chance of it being that??

I’m in such a rut now

Re: Blood work came back normal...but worried more

Quote Originally Posted by wingo22 View Post
    how can I get over this fear of MS?
    I suggest real life professional help. Its the most prudent way to get out of that rut.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Seconding this. Tackle the anxiety, not the mythical physical issues.

I've been there, done that, got a million t-shirts!

My right arm too. Was sure I had MS. It tired extremely easily compared to my left. For instance, drying my hair with a towel (the classic guy way of just going crazy with a towel on your head) my right arm would stop, tired. This was from over two years ago

I just had a general weird feeling in it. It just FELT, weak. I ended up having an EMG and two NCS. Had all bloods etc, too. All came back normal. Doubted it all.

I then slowly accepted it as anxiety. Before I knew it, the feeling of weakness and tiredness had gone.

I still get it in fact! Two weeks ago I had patches on my right arm which were incredibly annoying. Patches of feeling like I had velcro rubbing constantly on it. Additionally random 'pulses' of pain. I just thought, bloody anxiety, and now the feelings have gone.

You don't have MS

Thanks Ben!
    How did you eventually just accept that it was anxiety? Did you have any other areas of your body that felt that way?

I've recently had issues with my right side too, for 4-5 months. I wondered, could it be just bad posture (a problem of mine)? Well, I switched from shoulder to messenger bags, bought a new mattress, improved my sleep (I noticed sometimes I extended my right arm while sleeping) and my general posture... practically gone!

Thanks everyone!
    Has anyone else gone through something like this??

Quote Originally Posted by wingo22 View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    Has anyone else gone through something like this??

Or how can I accept it’s just anxiety causing this as that is what I have heard
    M

You could have pages of reassurance but unless you learn to accept its anxiety and treat it, its an exercise in futility. Based on your post history, I reiterate that real life professional help would be the most prudent way forward at this point.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information