Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been called for ultrasound much sooner than I was told

Re: Been called for ultrasound much sooner than I was told

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    I couldn't tell which was period bleeding and which wasn't, because I have never really had normal periods, they have been all over the place, so I guess it was heavy periods, and I mean extremely heavy, like I would stand up and blood would come gushing out. I had to have an iron infusion earlier in the year.
    I just turned 41, so not yet into menopause.
    I'm so sorry you're going through all this. At least you say it's curable which is good news.
    I'm around your age, I'm 42. I thought this type of cancer was rare before menopause. I suppose rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    I have gushes too. They might last about 3 days or so of my period - not all the time during the 3 days but a good few times.
    Is it good that I had a clear ultrasound 3 years ago or is that too far back now? Could a lot go wrong in 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through all this. At least you say it's curable which is good news.
    I'm around your age, I'm 42. I thought this type of cancer was rare before menopause. I suppose rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    I have gushes too. They might last about 3 days or so of my period - not all the time during the 3 days but a good few times.
    Is it good that I had a clear ultrasound 3 years ago or is that too far back now? Could a lot go wrong in 3 years?
    You can't expect Snowy to answer that one, BG. You are catastrophising and you need to slow down and ring the hospital to ask about the timing of this ultrasound.

I just got a call from the hospital - they are bringing my procedure forward to 27th may. It was the secretary who rang so she had no other details. She just mentioned there was a few free slots and they are bringing my appointment forward. I don't know what to do now. Should I still ring and ask about my ultrasound, even though now my ultrasound will ne after the procedure, even though that wasn't the case when I got the appointment.

I would call and confirm. Even though everything is back on schedule (ultrasound after procedure), based on your history, you'll find a way to make this a worry. Confirmation in this case would help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If they have a few free slots, it's prob just that? Like I've had my appointment pushed up alot here in Ireland because they want to fill the space ups and not leave hospital appointment go to waste if possible?

I wouldn’t worry too much they say one thing and do the other I asked for physio for my vulvodynia she said no thought that was it got a letter from physio and she had referred me despite telling me no 🤷*♀️

I rang about the ultrasound and she couldn't really give me any details, except they made an appointment for me and it's the 7th June.
    I really hope I'm reading too much into all of this. I know I have a habit of thinking the absolute worst but I'm genuinely scared this time.
    I think it's the fact that I'm getting clots in with my period is really scaring me.
    All I can do now is try to look after myself between now and tomorrow week as best I can. It won't be easy with my track record, got very panicky today for a few hours.
    But thank you for all the replies and advice, it means a lot!!

I can't imagine that they would have found anything sinister and not discussed it with you. It seems they've just been able to rearrange your appointments, which is good! You'll have some answers soon. There are so many benign causes for heavy bleeding. Try not to overthink (so much easier said than done!).

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You can't expect Snowy to answer that one, BG. You are catastrophising and you need to slow down and ring the hospital to ask about the timing of this ultrasound.
    Hi I had ultra sound 3 years ago and I’m having to go for ultra sound for heavy bleeding and bleeding when I shouldn’t be for me they base it on three months was getting back ache as well I’m expecting and appointment for ultra sound within 6-8 weeks on drs recommendation . So I would say if I’m doubt speak to your dr the dr will know from your symptoms if you should have and ultra sound x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information