Thread: I'm really worried about my heart...help!

Unhappy I'm really worried about my heart...help!

I've been doing so well and trying really hard to ignore all my physical symptoms.

And i'm trying really hard to quit my reassurance seeking behaviours but this one is just too overwhelming that I need help nagivating how to deal with it.

A few days ago I noticed a fullness feeling in my chest where my heart is. I thought i felt a few palpatations (i'm prone to these) but when i check my pulse, my rhythm feels 'normal'. However my beats keep going weak and i almost feel like my heart is in my throat.

I am really struggling to describe exactly how this feels but it basically just feels like something is up with my heart.

I've had ECG's all normal. I had an echocardiogram and 24hr Holter monitor in 2012 which just showed ectopic's so i put it to bed and stopped worrying about my heart but now with this episode it's come back full circle and i'm really concerned something is wrong.

I have a GP appointment next thursday but i'm terrified I will just drop down dead before then and i'm weighing up what to do?

I'm scared I have like fluid build up around the heart or that something is blocked and my heart pumping is off. Would I know if either of these things were the case?

I'm trying to rationalise and use all my CBT tools but nothing is working because I just keep thinking that it's entirely possible for me to have developed a heart issue since my last tests.

Really really struggling

Re: I'm really worried about my heart...help!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Having had a read about the subject, it seems pain, weakness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness and coughing would be symptoms of fluid build-up.

It also muffles the heart sound, so if you can get someone to listen to your heart by putting their ear against your chest and compare the sound level to someone else's heart, you can can maybe relax a bit if they sound about the same.

Hi, this sounds like HA to me. I regularly get weird sensations around my heart, palpitations, murmurs, vibrations and the odd pain, but it’s all anxiety, muscle pain or heartburn. Like you I’ve had an ECG and had nothing come up, at no GP would sign you off if they were even slightly worried it was something more severe. Fluid near your heart etc, if even possible would give you severe symptoms, not just a fullness or palpitation. Feeling faint, etc is all classic HA. I’m sure you’re fine, think positive thoughts and good luck with the GP who I’m sure will say the same in a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information