Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wide Awake Club

The Wide Awake Club

One of the joys of discovering nomorepanic for me has been the discovery that other people are active early in the morning, too.

My family have always been morning people, and unfortunately my depression accentuates this - I fall asleep early in the evening and then, on a good day, I don't wake until 5am.

Today is not a good day. My husband is a night owl, he came to bed around 2.30, I woke up and couldn't get back off. In the end, I gave up and came out to watch TV; in an hour or so I'll start getting on with stuff and then maybe sneak back to bed if I get properly dopey.

How do you guys handle those times of day when sleep won't happen and there's nobody else around?

Re: The Wide Awake Club

I listen to spoken word audio books, that sometimes helps

Great idea! I suppose I should just invest in some headphones so I don't disturb my other half.

The Wide Awake Club

I often just read a book or use my phone, I’m always awake first and don’t sleep well to start with. If I’m not wide awake before 7am it’s a really good day. I have wireless earphones that I use. Sometimes being led in bed is the perfect time for some guided meditation too, I actually don’t mind it too much because it lets me get everything organised in my head for the day and I’m often coming out of the morning panic before everyone else is awake (four adults in the house makes for a busy environment!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    One of the joys of discovering nomorepanic for me has been the discovery that other people are active early in the morning, too.

My family have always been morning people, and unfortunately my depression accentuates this - I fall asleep early in the evening and then, on a good day, I don't wake until 5am.

Today is not a good day. My husband is a night owl, he came to bed around 2.30, I woke up and couldn't get back off. In the end, I gave up and came out to watch TV; in an hour or so I'll start getting on with stuff and then maybe sneak back to bed if I get properly dopey.

How do you guys handle those times of day when sleep won't happen and there's nobody else around?
    Youtube is good. I'll usually stick a documentary on. There's really not much to do early AM unless that's your routine. I'm having the same problems myself Blue.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Great suggestions! Just glad I'm not working today.

I get out of bed and walk around a bit

i'm the only human in the house to be fair and i get followed by Tigger and Willow
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

I can get loads of stuff done before everyone else is awake. I have to be very organised so getting up at the crack of dawn suits me and it's light anyway now at 5am. My guinea pigs expect their breakfast by 6 am as do my 50 odd queuing pigeons!! My first washload is always done by 630am.

What a bore I must be!

Ach - this sucks Blueiris. Insomnia is the pits. There is a whole world of podcasts out there though. Listening is better than watching because the light from screens depletes your natural sleep hormones (or something!). I love the true crime podcasts - there is one called casefiles that has an Aussie presenter with a really droning voice - great for a getting to sleep!
    xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information