Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m finally getting married!

I’m finally getting married!

After many years together my partner and I are getting married, we decided to plan it short term so that I can stay busy and not build it up in my head to the point where I won’t be able to go.

We’ve got pretty much everything booked and I’m super proud that I managed to go dress shopping and find the one! I’m booked for the fitting next week and that has me a little anxious because I have to be there at a particular time and stay there for the hour or so. I’m definitely worried anxiety will try and make it difficult- I don’t deal well with people touching me as well so that’s going to be a challenge.

I’m definitely worried that the day will be overshadowed by anxiety but I’m still looking forward to it. We’re having a very small ceremony with only 7 other people and just a light lunch afterwards, I haven’t worked out if I’ll be able to eat or not but that will probably come down to how brave I feel on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: I’m finally getting married!

Ohhh, congratulations!

Good plan on the small-scale wedding. My husband and I went from proposal to hitched in about 2 months, so there wasn't time for me to get too stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Ohhh, congratulations!

Good plan on the small-scale wedding. My husband and I went from proposal to hitched in about 2 months, so there wasn't time for me to get too stressed.
    Thank you! We’ve been engaged for 6 years now and decided after me standing up as a ‘best woman’ for my closest friend it was time that we sorted out our own wedding!

I’m a little worried, especially about the fitting but I think I can manage it. I just hate having to plan around the anxiety on a day that I just want to enjoy.

Congratulations that's awesome. I'm not sure I could manage wedding planning. Best to leave the women to that they seem to know what they're doing. You should tell the anxiety to go shove off for a bit

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Congratulations that's awesome. I'm not sure I could manage wedding planning. Best to leave the women to that they seem to know what they're doing. You should tell the anxiety to go shove off for a bit
    Thank you! I would love for it to shove off that’s for sure!

I’m actually enjoying planning the wedding but it’s driving my mum mad! She’s got her self so stressed over it, I think I see where I got some of my predisposition towards anxiety from that’s for sure!

How lovely ! I can feel your excitement coming through your post. FAbulous to have something so positive and exciting to plan for.......

As for the fitting, I think you WILL do it, nothing like a nice wedding dress to take your mind off people getting too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    As for the fitting, I think you WILL do it, nothing like a nice wedding dress to take your mind off people getting too close.
    I’ll definitely have to do it, I just keep reminding myself it’s only one hour to get me to the goal of something I am truly excited for, I just wish I could skip over some parts of this! Either that or turn off the anxiety for it.

Many congrats from me too! How lovely to be able to plan the wedding that you want!

The fitting will be a means to an end-the beautiful dress that you have chosen and want! xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Many congrats from me too! How lovely to be able to plan the wedding that you want!

The fitting will be a means to an end-the beautiful dress that you have chosen and want! xx
    Thank you Pulisa! I have some reservations about being able to manage the day and enjoy it the way I want to as I don’t often spend long out of the house but I’m truly so happy to be getting married I’m determined I’ll make it work.

The fitting is the next big hurdle, after I find shoes! I’m really not the type of woman that dresses up or wears feminine clothing so it’s all completely alien to me!

Congratulatons Mouse.

You will get through the fitting. It's anticipatory anxiety and once you are there you will feel the exposure at first and pass through it. Just do some things in your head or even woth your hands to refocus yourself and keep grounded and you will deal with it.

Good news is always appreciated on here!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information