Thread: MRSA on toe or something else

MRSA on toe or something else

A few days ago, maybe 5 I noticed the large toe on my left foot had some pain and was also reddened. All along the top of the toe as at first I thought it was an ingrown nail, but the location doesn’t fit for that. So attributed it to not wearing socks and my toe rubbing along the inside. The next few days I would soak it in a peroxide/bath sat/hot water mix and that seemed to help. At least in the sense it didn’t get worse. Well today the redness and pain has deepened and now right along the top of my nail is also an area that is light brown. Just curious of some input on this.

Re: MRSA on toe or something else

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseathree View Post
    A few days ago, maybe 5 I noticed the large toe on my left foot had some pain and was also reddened. All along the top of the toe as at first I thought it was an ingrown nail, but the location doesn’t fit for that. So attributed it to not wearing socks and my toe rubbing along the inside. The next few days I would soak it in a peroxide/bath sat/hot water mix and that seemed to help. At least in the sense it didn’t get worse. Well today the redness and pain has deepened and now right along the top of my nail is also an area that is light brown. Just curious of some input on this.
    Not MRSA in the slightest. I have seen someone with MRSA. The MRSA was large fluid filled boils that weeped.

Re: MRSA on toe or something else

I figured it wasn’t. Usually writing things out helps me rationalize. Plus if MRSA, after this long it would’ve progressed I feel. Though I am worried that whatever infection is there will get worse. I’m probably going to lance it open tomorrow to alleviate pressure and let out the nasty buildup and go from there.

Thread Information