Thread: Please help eye worry

Please help eye worry

Sorry to bother you all
    I have massive anxiety over my vision past 18 months since developing flashes and floaters that they can’t seem to figure out why I’m getting them at 28 had so many tests

Yesterday had tests again but after they did slit lamp I couldn’t see at all out my eye for like a minute it just went black the doc said it was because the bright light anyway Iv been off my head bad since

I had to go and see the mental health team today and I was wearing sunglasses until I got in the room then I said how bright the light was ... then all of a sudden it seemed dimmer I thought they’d turned the light down but they hadn’t im now going off my head worrying my vision dimmed I can’t caln down
    Logic saying it’s where I had sun glasses on took them off it was bright then my eyes got used to the light again but I don’t know I’m really scared does anyone else think it where my eyes got used to light ??

Re: Please help eye worry

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis14 View Post
    Logic saying....

Listen to logic as its actual biological fact on how our eyes work.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis14 View Post
    developing flashes and floaters that they can’t seem to figure out why I’m getting them at 28 had so many tests
    Lucky you, that you've made it this long before you developed floaters. I have had them for as long as I can remember. I was about 12 when I mentioned it to my father, who (uncharacteristically) panicked and took me straight to the opticians. (Turned out the reason he was concerned was because he was worried my peripheral vision was disappearing, however I digress).

You've had the appropriate assessments, you've got reassurance. Opticians look at eyes all day, every day. You can rest assured.

If the floaters are really bothering you, there is surgery available in worst case. Fluid is drained from the eyes (along with said floaters) and then replaced with saline solution. Although it's risky (goes without saying) and extreme.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

At the peak of my anxiety I've had almost any eye symptom you can read on the forum. Not joking. I used to panic all the time... what a nightmare. Now, after years of therapy, most symptoms are gone and some I hardly notice.

Thread Information