Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lump next to ankle bone

Re: Lump next to ankle bone

Well that sounds like good news.
    Now you can relax and take control of your HA.

I have a large ganglion cyst on the outside of my right leg above the ankle. I flipped out when I first felt it... seemed to come up overnight and I went straight to the doctors. She prodded it... shone a light through it (good test to see if it is just fluid - it glows if it is just fluid) then said you have a good ganglion cyst. I was relieved and was like ok... what now. She asked was it sore.. I said nope. She says ok it might go away on its own thanks for coming in. Oh ok then. LOL

That was nearly this time last year.... the lump went down for a day or two over the summer but has pretty much stayed the same shape and size (4 cms long by about 2 cms wide and pretty firm but I can push the fluid in it back and forward). The NHS in the UK wont aspirate it unless it is causing serious issues. Mine isnt and its purely from a cosmetic viewpoint I would like it shrunk but Im happy to wait and see if it goes down itself.

Just an update for anyone with a ganglion cyst on their ankle... mine after 15 months has started to reduce in size.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information