Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump next to ankle bone

Lump next to ankle bone

I have a semi-hard lump next to my ankle bone on my left leg, I’ll be going the docs on monday but I’m freaking out about cancers.

Re: Lump next to ankle bone

Anybody else ever had this?

You're going to the doctor tomorrow. I'm sure its nothing. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you

Doctor said it was fine. He felt the area and said it was bursitis. I told him I was worried it was a cancer like sarcoma and he explained to me that it was fluid filled and in his opinion it didn’t seem likely to be anything to worry about and that he could feel its edges and it was roughly the size of a bean. “You’ll die one day but it wont be from this.”

He told me to look out for pain, swelling and throbbing as they can be signs of infection which will need to be treated but if it does become infected it’ll be obvious. Other than that, I can check it once a day but then keep on some loose socks and don’t prod it, don’t lean on it and it should go in 2-3 weeks.

Can’t help but still be a bit worried due to health anxiety but he’s a very good Doctor so I’m going to do my best to keep calm about it. I hope this helps anyone in the future who might have a similar issue.

When it goes away or if anything else changes I’ll post an update. Thank you.

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I got very anxious over the weekend after reading lateral bursitis of the ankle is very rare and my lump is only 1cm. I went back to the doctors and saw another GP for a second opinion, he was happy to give me one and told me he didn’t think it was bursitis but a ganglion cyst on the tendon. I flat out asked him how do we know it isn’t a sarcoma? He said because it wiggled side to side slightly and it felt squishy (it feels firmer at certain angles) he didn’t think it was a Sarcoma.

He told me if it becomes painful, gets bigger or is still bothering me in a months time he can aspirate it but it may come back or they can have it removed.

I’m still worried it’s a Sarcoma as I read a bunch of stories online, but you all know how health anxiety is, I’m still considering having it checked privately, it’s an internal struggle.

Don't waste your money, I've got a couple of ganglion cysts and they feel unmistakable.

Good to know, bit worried that I read they aren’t common in men though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information