Thread: Falling asleep anixety

Falling asleep anixety

Sleeping anixety:

Hey guys! So it's 5 am.... I've found myself wide awake.... I'm just about to drift to sleep and suddenly I'm gasping for air! Heart racing! I'm doing some deep breathing to calm myself now. I haven't gone to sleep yet and this is a bother! Any tips on sleep? I find myself struggling to sleep alot because this feeling of falling/gasping for air really gets to me :(

I try not to let my anixety take hold about it being medical stuff because my heart and them always checked out just fine!

Re: Falling asleep anixety

Have you tried any herbal sleep remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by spacreranger View Post
    Have you tried any herbal sleep remedies?
    I have in the past when my anixety was even worse! I'll look into more again. Thank you

Other rough night.... Having alot of issues rolling togther. I felt okayish in ways when I lay down to fiamly sleep (at 4am) and his going. Its like struggling to breath or every breath my last? This causes me to sit up gasping for air etc etc.

I want to be reaoanble and say this is jusy my anixety hyping me up as I had tests done in the past. It's just exhausting really to live like this :(

Of course it is your anxiety causing this but when you're in the 'moment' its hard to believe that! I completely understand, i had a terrible few months trying to sleep and when i did finally sleep i would wake up in a panic and couldnt get back to sleep.

Do you have anything that helps you get tired? i.e reading, watching a boring film etc?

Quote Originally Posted by spacreranger View Post
    Of course it is your anxiety causing this but when you're in the 'moment' its hard to believe that! I completely understand, i had a terrible few months trying to sleep and when i did finally sleep i would wake up in a panic and couldnt get back to sleep.

Do you have anything that helps you get tired? i.e reading, watching a boring film etc?
    Thank you again for the reply x! Things are seeming to get worse.....like whenever I try to sleep its getting pushed out until at least 8 am yesterday :(. It's this strange feeling in my chest, I have it right now ugh.

Thank you for the advice, I'm watching a documentary on the founding of different maths uses....a love of my boyfriends but far from mine

Do you sleep on your back? I do NOT have sleep apnea, but sometimes, particularly allergy or cold season when my post nasal drip is bad I cannot fall asleep on my back without this happening. I think my nose just drains and half choke/gag and it wakes me, but I'm still half asleep so it's a really scary sensation of almost being stuck in place for a minute. I usually cough, take a deep breath, and then I'm awake. It has never happened when I lay on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Do you sleep on your back? I do NOT have sleep apnea, but sometimes, particularly allergy or cold season when my post nasal drip is bad I cannot fall asleep on my back without this happening. I think my nose just drains and half choke/gag and it wakes me, but I'm still half asleep so it's a really scary sensation of almost being stuck in place for a minute. I usually cough, take a deep breath, and then I'm awake. It has never happened when I lay on my side.
    That's very interesting! Thank you so much for replying with this...I do tend to sleep on my back! So it tends to happen when I am on my back! I'll try to be more aware of how I sleep!

Thread Information