Thread: Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

I first noticed this mark (under the dry skin) on my foot about 3.5 weeks ago. I noticed it after wearing some new shoes that were heeled a few days before. I figured it could be from that. As a few weeks passed though I became anxious since it didn't go away. I wondered if it was a blood blister but when I was reading about blood blisters, stuff about skin cancer came up which made me more nervous. I went to the doctor last week, he measured it and said it just looked like a bruise to him but I can go back if it changes or doesn't go away.

I know he's a doctor and stuff but you know how anxiety can be.. Since I've had it for weeks now, almost a month since I wore the shoes I suspected, I'm worried. I've never known other types of bruises on my legs etc to last this long especially without at least fading to a brown colour or something.
    I felt the inside of the shoes I suspected caused it and there is some kind of bump on the heel of the right one (the side I have the mark) so that makes sense, but still.. could shoes cause a bruise or mark that lasts almost a month after wearing them?

Re: Mark on foot, doctor says it's a bruise - can they last weeks?

100% without a doubt YES!

positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

100% without a doubt YES!

positive thoughts
    Thanks, fish. Unfortunately I was so anxious I decided to lance it. I know it was a bit dumb, but.. Some of the dark "gunk" came out but not all. So I think it's probably a blood blister, which is ok. I just hope I can take care of it now. I might just go back to the doctor tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post
    Thanks, fish. Unfortunately I was so anxious I decided to lance it. I know it was a bit dumb, but.. Some of the dark "gunk" came out but not all. So I think it's probably a blood blister, which is ok. I just hope I can take care of it now. I might just go back to the doctor tomorrow.
    Nah... put some antibiotic gel on it and a plaster/bandaid. Its going to take a bit because you're constantly irritating it by walking. Just keep it clean.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Nah... put some antibiotic gel on it and a plaster/bandaid. Its going to take a bit because you're constantly irritating it by walking. Just keep it clean.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you, that's really helpful I appreciate your help

Thread Information