Thread: Head Pain

Head Pain

Hi,

Hoping someone may know what this is and someone may have had it?

On Saturday i had a sudden stabbing pain just above my eyebrow (have had them before and on other side) but unlike the times before it didnt go away, i started to freak out and straight away remembered reading that a brain aneurysm can cause pain around the eye so got even more freaked, he slight pain would last a few seconds and then stop and come back around 40sec later (sometimes longer) this lasted until i fell asleep, i work up yesterday fine and apart from a slight headache (across my forehead) i had no pains.

But today it has started again, i work with computers and am very stressed, i worked Saturday,had a day off yesterday and am working today so i thought it could be stress? But do you think stress could cause it in the exactly the same place? I am just terrified

Has anyone had anything like this before?

Thanks for reading x

Re: Head Pain

My mom used to get something like this and I think she called them ice pick headaches. I think she even had an MRI (because she has health anxiety, not because the doctor thought she needed one) and it was completely clear. I don't think there's a known cause, but I feel like the told my mom it was probably muscle tension/irritated nerves. Nothing serious. She got them on and off for a while and then they just disappeared one day and haven't been back for years.

I'm struggling with something like that myself, I wish I could give you more info but all I can say is I understand x I hope you feel better soon!

I work with computers so i defo think that could be a contributing factor. When was the last time you had an eye test?

Thanks for your replies guys, I need to have another eye test as I do need glasses for computer work, I just found it odd that it's the same place and come on so sudden :(

I would suggest it is to do with eye strain then.

Thread Information